PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS readings... mine are off and I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TPS readings... mine are off and I need help!

I have a LS3 in my nova with a GMPP harness. Im getting ready for a road test and I have an occasional TAC module code when touching the throttle ( engine running and engine stopped, key on ). I believe my throttle body is the actual problem, im trying to find my GMPP manual that came with the harness to identify what part number TB are compatible with the GMPP stuff ( my throttle body and intake came from a 2007 escalade, Im pretty sure its not compatible... ).

Anyhow, to the question at hand; What should TPS readings be at idle, and engine stopped ( foot off the pedal in both scenarios )? Engine stopped it reads 20%, engine running it reads 30%. Key on, motor stopped and pedal to the floor reads 87%. Im sure its probably supposed to be zero at idle and stopped but I had to ask...
Old 11-08-2014, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It wont read zero or 100% if your logging tps. You have to log a different pid (absolute throttle maybe) going off memory for it to show 0 and 100%. All the gmpp setups I have tuned have had car TB's. What year gmpp harness do you have? I know they made some changes to them recently but am not 100% sure if a truck TB will work.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
It wont read zero or 100% if your logging tps. You have to log a different pid (absolute throttle maybe) going off memory for it to show 0 and 100%. All the gmpp setups I have tuned have had car TB's. What year gmpp harness do you have? I know they made some changes to them recently but am not 100% sure if a truck TB will work.
Im not attempting any logging or tuning, im just reading values and clearing codes with a scan tool. I bought the harness in 2009 or 2010 so its old. Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply: TPS readings... mine are off and I need help!