PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a good afr gauge to use with HPTuners Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a good afr gauge to use with HPTuners Pro?

I want to add a AFR gauge and eventually get HP Tuners Pro. Is there any gauges that work better than others with the HP Tuners? Do the gauges come with a cable to hook up to HP Tuners? Looking for one $300 or less. Preferably in the $200 range.

Any advice would be great thanks!
Old 01-27-2015, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a NGK AFX for about 5 years now. No issues, HP tuners has a PID for it in the scanner settings. Plug and play.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 426 Likes on 325 Posts

I have dual AEM wideband gauges in my custom dash for the right and left banks. Both are wired into my HP Tuners scanner.
Since I change the tune almost every day, I like to keep my eye on the A/F to be sure I didn't screw something up and end up going lean at WOT.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:53 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

The NGK AFX isn't available anymore. At least not with the same electronics. NGK went to another supplier for the second gen unit.

However, you can still get the same kit with the NTK sensor from Ballenger. I use it with HPT and it's great. It is wired directly to the battery and has its own wiring harness. So you aren't relying on the voltage from the EGR port or whatever. It's plug and play, but there are plenty of tips on the HPT forum on how to set up custom PIDs for different fuels with the Ballenger/NGK wideband.

Quick Reply: What is a good afr gauge to use with HPTuners Pro?