PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop drilling those TBs, fix stalling without computer tuning...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 05:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still don't understand the big deal with enlarging the hole in the blade... you say that's wrong, but yet it's ok to mess with elongating the TPS holes... Whether you open the blade or drill the hole, you're getting the air in there one way or another and keeping the IAC motor in an operating range where it can work. As long as you aren't stupid and drill it too big to start with...
Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion its a better way because you can fine tune your iac counts with the throttle blade stop screw and slotted tps sensor, rather then drilling a perminate hole in the tb that is more of a one size fits all thing. Obviously all cars are going to require a different amount of airflow for idle, and its kinda hard to make small increments with a drill bit plus its more time consuming to remove, drill, install, check, repeat. Just my opinion in the matter.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By drilling the hole in the throttle blades you are basically doing the same thing by cracking the idle stop and doing the TPS reset.

I take it you guys are LSx. Cause with the LTx you have to use a piece of copper behind it to seal off the idle circuit. When I drilled mine out that hole goes to the IAC circuit and not the throttle blades.

Quick Reply: Stop drilling those TBs, fix stalling without computer tuning...