Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 corvette abs EBCM delete, can-bus

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 corvette abs EBCM delete, can-bus

2010 corvette, eliminating EBCM (electronic brake control module) surely some of the drag guys have eliminated all the abs crap. Anyone have any info on which wires to loop for the can bus to make a circuit and work? will be running a stand alone (holley dominator) so can make car run regardless, but would be nice to use ignition switch...
Old 02-22-2015, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you only want to get rid of ABS functions it's better to delete ABS hydraulics but keep the module alive so the dash will not look like a Christmas tree. Keep ECM and all the modules so you don't lose any functionality in the car. The dash, A/C, radio and all controls in the car run using the Low speed bus.

If you want to delete the EBCM module then bridge the Can bus wires and delete all the U1xxx related codes. The wires are a braided pair of Tan-Tan/Black
Old 02-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Teching In

thanks monte! damn thing is pissing me off, unfortunately I cut up thew abs block in hopes of making a dist. block for the brake lines, tried plugging ebcm back in and still nothing, so just loop 1 pair of tan & tan/black wires?

read somewhere about high speed and low speed can wires. will gladly paypal for any help getting this damn thing figured out. will try the tan tan/black wires today
Old 02-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Teching In

found the 2 sets of can bus wires.

tan tan/black (2 sets/spiraled together)

jumped each pair of tan tan/black to one another, still no go

I am seeing where people are adding a 120ohm resistor between them and trying that next....??
Old 02-24-2015, 03:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Every Can module has 1 pair of Tan/Tan-black wires as input, and another pair as output, all of them are in the connector. To delete the module from the network you need to splice the Tan wire to the other tan wire, same for the Tan/black. This way the bus will be continued and the module deleted from the network. The ECM will throw a few DTC's but the network will work. If it doesn't you have a problem elsewhere

The resistor is already installed no need to put another. I don't have my diagrams here, let me find them to send them to you.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
Every Can module has 1 pair of Tan/Tan-black wires as input, and another pair as output, all of them are in the connector. To delete the module from the network you need to splice the Tan wire to the other tan wire, same for the Tan/black. This way the bus will be continued and the module deleted from the network. The ECM will throw a few DTC's but the network will work. If it doesn't you have a problem elsewhere

The resistor is already installed no need to put another. I don't have my diagrams here, let me find them to send them to you.
thanks! trying that now. seems you're the only one online with this info! its GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fastlsx463
found the 2 sets of can bus wires.

tan tan/black (2 sets/spiraled together)

jumped each pair of tan tan/black to one another, still no go

?
That will certainly bypass the EBCM, just fine.

What is no go?

Are both busses still dead (CAN for ECM/ ESC) or (Class II radio/ HVAC /Cluster) ?

What functionality are you trying to keep?

Quick Reply: 2010 corvette abs EBCM delete, can-bus