PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Long Term Fuel Trim = 0.0%, always

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015 | 10:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Well they have on any vehicle I have reset the trims on...maybe it is not exactly 50 miles but it takes some run time before they start locking in. No need to for the attitude btw...we are all here having a adult conversation.
It's generally about 2 minutes after reflashing that the LTFTs come back in. Unless the PCM is being stubborn, which I have seen.
Originally Posted by jclayc
thanks to coSPEED2, this problem is solved.

It was so strange having STFTs, no O2 codes and all wires from the O2s to the PCM testing fine that coSPEED2 suggested I take the car to a GM dealer and have them re-flash the computer back to the latest OS. That was it. I've got LTFTs again and can start tuning in earnest.

coSPEED2 has been beyond great in helping me with this issue and tuning in general. I'll buy my parts through them from now on...
Good to know in case this issue ever happens to me.

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Something like this:

1. set PE to 1.0 up till 1200RPM
2. set TPS enable PE to 0 up till 1200RPM
3. set open loop F/A to 1.0 up till idle MAP, so if idle at 60kPa, 0-60kPa from say, 20*C up
4. disable LTFTs (it sucks... a lot) (not necessary for this, but LTFT truly do suck)
5. set PE MAP enable to 15kpa
6. set PE enable delay RPM to 0
7. disable the P0131 and P0151 DTC codes
8. disable STFT open loop enable (if its not already)

Works for me.
I don't understand why so many people have issues with the LTFT. I don't have them off on my car(MAF only), have 14* of overlap, and have no issues with carry over into WOT(still getting exactly what I'm commanding), not to mention I have no issues with idle quality, low speed in parking lots, or hanging idle/surging.

Like it's been said though, there's more than one way to tune a car, and multiple ways seem to work just fine.
Old 06-16-2015 | 10:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Watch gen3 computers on any closed loop startup (or open loop for that matter if you have stfts on) and ill guarantee you youll see something happen at exactly 100 seconds of engine run time. Just let it sit and idle or drive it. Itll happen either way. I cannot tell you if it happens when you turn both off and use a wideband though.
I have never had ltft issues either. And I've tuned cars with some large overlap as well.
Old 06-16-2015 | 12:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
Watch gen3 computers on any closed loop startup (or open loop for that matter if you have stfts on) and ill guarantee you youll see something happen at exactly 100 seconds of engine run time. Just let it sit and idle or drive it. Itll happen either way. I cannot tell you if it happens when you turn both off and use a wideband though.
I have never had ltft issues either. And I've tuned cars with some large overlap as well.
It seems that so many people like SD because there are other issues at hand. SD will mask them unlike MAF. Both ways will land you the same result as long as they are done right. There are some limitations to MAF, but most street cars won't max their MAF out, and I have yet to run into issues with reversion.
Old 06-16-2015 | 04:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1sick_eg
It seems that so many people like SD because there are other issues at hand. SD will mask them unlike MAF. Both ways will land you the same result as long as they are done right. There are some limitations to MAF, but most street cars won't max their MAF out, and I have yet to run into issues with reversion.
Thats the issue usually, they arent done right and then blame it on the MAF or blame it on being SD. I tell people all the time that they cant tell if I turn the MAF off or on by just driving.
Old 06-16-2015 | 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

totally discouraged. LTFTs back to all 0s after 1 day.
Old 06-16-2015 | 08:55 PM
FormerVendor

Have you had anyone else look at he tune? Can you email me the tune, I'll take a look at it? Do you have any logs? My email is in signature below.
Old 06-21-2015 | 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I put a whole new ECU in the car and modified the stock flash instead of applying any existing flash file I have. A few days and like 6-8 runs later, I still have LTFTs so that's good. I also replaced my 60lb Dekas with 42lb Deatschwerks injectors. I think I have the right info in the tune for them.

With LTFTs to use with the STFTs, I'm now tweaking the VE table to try to get fuel trims where they should be. Any thoughts on the attached?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
062115-afterVE2.hpl (156.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: hpt
05v_062115_v2.hpt (540.7 KB, 95 views)
Old 06-22-2015 | 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Just looking at it, with no knowledge of anything but my own tune on a 2000 LS1, your minimum learn is set to 200%. Valve needs to move 200% to update? Mine is at 4% from factory.
Old 06-22-2015 | 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nicelysedate
Just looking at it, with no knowledge of anything but my own tune on a 2000 LS1, your minimum learn is set to 200%. Valve needs to move 200% to update? Mine is at 4% from factory.
thanks for the comment, I'll take a look at the fuel trim learn "level". I guess 200% was a leftover setting that would prevent the system from learning by itself while I'm manually "learning it" using LTFT and STFTs

BTW, I changed that 200% to 10% and my STFTs and LTFTs went to -100 across the board, so I re-set it to 200%... And looked at a stock tune for my car and it's 200% there

Last edited by jclayc; 06-22-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2015 | 05:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

That is a normal parameter. You will see that on hundreds upon hundreds of stock files.

Quick Reply: Long Term Fuel Trim = 0.0%, always