Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mail order tune suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Default mail order tune suggestions

I need to get a mail order tune for my 99 ls1 auto camaro. Just don't know who does best job. Also don't know what to ask for to be changed or deleted. I know I want cats deleted. I guess vats. Maybe kick fans on sooner. Maybe delete all smog and emissions crap. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Most tunes will get rid of all emissions equipment except the front o2's which you need. Being a 99 means it has both AIR and EGR, both of which will be tuned out. The rear o2's will go. VATS will be disables.

Other aspects of the tune will be changed based off what modifications you have. You can have the fans kick on sooner if you'd like. Most people have the Torque Management reduced or taken out completely.

I've heard very good things about Frost. Good pricing and the tunes seem to be pretty spot on for a bolt on setup.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No need to disable vats if it's not causing problems. And disabling vats in the pcm only disables the fuel shut off. Typical vats problems on 98-02 f-bodies involve the key pellet/lock cylinder/bcm/starter enable, not the fuel shut off.

Quick Reply: mail order tune suggestions