Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT 2 bar OS with 1 bar sensor- 97 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPT 2 bar OS with 1 bar sensor- 97 Corvette

I would like to upgrade to the 2 bar OS offered for the 97-98 PCM so I will have access to a full VE table and both timing tables, but would like to keep my stock 1 bar sensor. I have the PCM "tricked" into SD now but only have access to the secondary VE this way.
I assume it will work without any changes and only read the values of the VE up to 105 KPA with the 1 bar sensor, but I have never actually looked at the 2 bar OS so I am not sure if that will shrink the resolution of my usable VE back down to half size (like the secondary VE I am using now).

So my question is, What changes to the software are required to make the 1 bar sensor work properly with the 2 bar OS? If the 1 bar sensor will work without any changes, what will my VE resolution be like?

I read somewhere to change Map Linear=94.43 and Map Offset=10.33 in the engine diagnostics section to make the 1 Bar work properly, but no one has confirmed this and I honestly am not sure exactly what it means.

Thanks in advance for any help
-Clay
Old 06-11-2015, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deputy_Dangle

I read somewhere to change Map Linear=94.43 and Map Offset=10.33 in the engine diagnostics section to make the 1 Bar work properly, but no one has confirmed this and I honestly am not sure exactly what it means.

Thanks in advance for any help
-Clay
Yes, if your using the stock 1 bar map sensor, use 94.43 linear & 10.33 offset.
You will need to paste your VE table as the VE table is all 519 when the 2 bar OS is applied. Just 0 the 110 to 210 kpa rows of the 2 bar VE table.

Russ Kemp
Old 06-12-2015, 01:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Russ K
Yes, if your using the stock 1 bar map sensor, use 94.43 linear & 10.33 offset.
You will need to paste your VE table as the VE table is all 519 when the 2 bar OS is applied. Just 0 the 110 to 210 kpa rows of the 2 bar VE table.

Russ Kemp
Just to confirm, when doing that, I will have a full resolution VE table to use and not a VE table that is half 1 bar and half unusable 2 Bar correct?

Also, I have 0411 PCM I have considered swapping in, but I will have to purchase 6 credits to do so. Is there any substantial reason to spend the extra money on converting over to the 0411 over the 2 bar OS for the 97 PCM?
Old 06-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Just to confirm, when doing that, I will have a full resolution VE table to use and not a VE table that is half 1 bar and half unusable 2 Bar correct?
I found a 2 bar OS tune in the repository and I believe answered my own question. But Is it possible to scale the 2 bar VE and have a super high resolution 1 bar VE table? If so, can someone help walk me through it...

Old 06-13-2015, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I found a 2 bar OS tune in the repository and I believe answered my own question. But Is it possible to scale the 2 bar VE and have a super high resolution 1 bar VE table? If so, can someone help walk me through it...

You can't rescale the VE table axis on your car.

Russ Kemp

Quick Reply: HPT 2 bar OS with 1 bar sensor- 97 Corvette