PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lean cruise

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread was a good read. Very informative.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
Went back- re-enabled LC and when I command 15.5afr my wideband is 16.5-17.0 which is stumping me....
That happens when your injector data is wrong.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by soundengineer
I used to do this years ago....
the true way to enable lean cruise, is to change some bits of code in the Binary file of the ECU....
basically, there are multiple lines in the code that check to see if the vehicle type is Holden....
if its not holden, it bypasses the lean cruise routine all together...
if it is holden, then it uses the lean cruise.....
but there are like 20 spots it needs to change in to make it work correctly and not lose anything else...

however... there is one bit of code that tells the ECU to do the check for Holden...and if you just make it not do the check with a "No operation" command placed in just teh right spot... it works perfectly

then you fix the checksum, and do a write entire of the file to the ECU...and whammo!... lean cruise works

Thats the only way it works 100% correct on a non holden vehicle
you can try to put a Holden file into a car(like a GTO), but you usually lose a bunch of stuff in the process...gauge cluster stuff or cruise control...or ABS....
which is why the only way to retain everything is to change a couple of bits in the binary file using a hex editor

and FYI.... I do not do this any more....
its time consuming to do...and just not worth it...
not to mention that you have to have a binary file to begin with, and most modern EFI software has gone to a compressed and encrypted version of the file to protect their own R&D of making it possible to read and edit the file in the first place.
Do not ask me if I will do one for you... you dont have enough money....
That's what the EFILive hack does for you...you don't need the binary files.

Again, I stress, on a 4th gen F-Body, it's not necessary though. You lose NO functionality in the car by changing the platform code to V and matching up the system options matrix accordingly. With any software. All you gain is the ability to use lean cruise.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by statesman
That happens when your injector data is wrong.
I was going to say the same thing. Sounds like your injector data is not correct.

What injectors are you running? Where did you get all of the offsets, low pulse adders, min pulse...?
Old 11-11-2015, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Mike, what is your opinion on the effects of LC on Cat Converter life. Since the Holdens I've seen LC enabled on all seem to be equipped with cats, I would guess it has little effect on them since GM Holden would be the ones having to warranty them and they are enabling LC.
I ran it on my old 4th gen with the stock cats for like 100K miles before I could finally afford a set of QTP long tubes (I was a poor recent college grad back then LOL). One of them finally failed due to the housing corroding away...but other than that I never hurt them.

I also run it on my 2005 5.3 Silverado...stock cats on there still. I've only owned it for I think 30k miles (I leave the odometer on the dash turned off because I hate seeing them count up LOL...no real clue how many miles are on my truck unless someone explicitly asks me to read it)...cats are fine on it too.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, i have 05 silverado 4.8 can you enable lean cruise for me? i have hpt but no access to tunercat
Old 10-07-2018, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

You MIGHT get an answer. 3-year old thread....
Old 10-07-2018, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

I have a 04 gto file with lean cruise enabled. You could compare the two files in a hex editor if you were savvy

Quick Reply: Lean cruise