Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maggie tune....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Maggie tune....

Looking at buying a V1 with a maggie and a 2 bar map and a speed density tune. Thinking about removing the maggie to make this a more affordable purchase but I have a couple of rookie questions.

The previous owner spent a good bit of time and money tuning the car so I want to try and pass this tune along to whoever buys the maggie kit. Can we exchange pcms and they reuse this tune on their car? I would also supply them with the 2 bar map....

I'd be returning the LS6 back to stock right down to the stock manifolds and cats so I'm hoping to find someone who's converting their stock LS6 V1 to the maggie and simply swap all the parts including the pcm so I that neither one of us has to pay for a bunch of tuning.

I've also read where the ebay pcm suppliers are reprogramming their pcms to be VIN specific but I'm guessing thats more for making sure the pcm works for that cars particular drivetrain combination than it is some sort of security feature or some such craziness...

I searched this and get the feeling this could work but I would appreciate some advice on exactly what this would take....

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-06-2015, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

after more searching i answered my own question

Quick Reply: Maggie tune....