PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sloppy Mechanics 4.8 base tune???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sloppy Mechanics 4.8 base tune???

Quick question for everyone. So I didn't get any injector data with my siemens deka 80s (shame on me, didn't know better) and it seems like everyone says the info on the Banish dvd is off for a 4.8 with 80s anyway. That being said, has anyone tried to use the 4.8 Turbo w/ 80's HpTuners tune that is on the SloppyMechanics Wiki? I really don't want to buy a $250 dvd just to get some info that is kind of in the ballpark. If this tune already has reasonable data and is a solid place to start tuning from I'd like to do that. I'm a huge newb with HpTuners so I could use all the help I can get. Hoping to at least get a decent tune in it so I can take the car to Woodward! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Teching In

nobody? lol
Old 08-05-2015, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im still new to tuning with HPTuners but it would be better for your PCM to pull the tune off of it and make changes. Why not just get the data from that bin and put it into yours?
Old 08-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Oh I totally plan on just copying the data from that tune and pasting it into the cells in the tune I pull from my pcm. I'm not going to overwrite the entire thing. I am more concerned about the values for the injectors and the data itself as far as being a solid place to start. Especially because all of the local dyno shops charge a fortune. I'd like to get something workable and driving then tweak it from there. I trust Denmah's ability to make a base tune far beyond my own so I was thinking about giving that a shot
Old 08-05-2015, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by streetshenanigans
Oh I totally plan on just copying the data from that tune and pasting it into the cells in the tune I pull from my pcm. I'm not going to overwrite the entire thing. I am more concerned about the values for the injectors and the data itself as far as being a solid place to start. Especially because all of the local dyno shops charge a fortune. I'd like to get something workable and driving then tweak it from there. I trust Denmah's ability to make a base tune far beyond my own so I was thinking about giving that a shot
I have the same injectors and Ill see if I have the data in my email still and let you know
Old 08-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrpimp00
I have the same injectors and Ill see if I have the data in my email still and let you know
That would be incredible! If you could do that or screenshot the injector data/send me a copy of your tune to copy them from I'd be incredibly grateful
Old 08-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Search for it here, I posted the data for the 80s earlier this year.

I won't keep reposting it for obvious reasons. But the data comes from Ford Racing and is converted to the Gen III PCM.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Teching In

I searched a bunch but didn't run across what I was looking for. I'll stalk through your posts to see what I find
Old 08-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Just search my name in this subsection.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Teching In

I lied! I actually did download that once and it is the one that really confused me because the values are WAYYYYY different than the ones in the Denmah tune. Your post is actually what made me write this thread
Old 08-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Like I said, the values I posted come from Banish and Ford Racing. They work too.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...base-tune.html

This is JakeFusions info he was talking about
Old 08-06-2015, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://siemensdeka.com/specsheets/FI114992.jpg
Old 08-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Teching In

Yea I had that page bookmarked and already saved that file. Definitely awesome to have.

Again, I'm super new to hptuners and I'm not questioning anyone, just trying to understand. If you compare the denmah tune to the injector data above they are not just a little different, they're extremely different. Like the denmah values are 1/3 of the ones listed above. From a tuners standpoint, why would that be? I know that denmah would be the only one that can really answer but does anyone care to speculate? I'm just trying to educate myself as I finish up my build completely.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I couldnt find my data so I dont know if its the same as Jakes any my laptop is with my wife in Michigan so I cant check my tune file. A lot of people say the data they get from Gregg and Ford is wrong or didnt work for them so thats probably why denmahs is different.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Teching In

I see. That was what I figured. Like I posted in the top of the thread, I heard the same thing about the Banish data not working right on the smaller motors so people are putting it in then doing a TON of tweaking to make it work. I'm glad I have both sets of data now, though.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Super Hulk Smash

I just looked at that tune. It's showing 35lbs for the injectors. Unless the tune is running fuel pressure at like 10psi... that ain't right. It's an 80lbs injectors at 39.5psi... which means it's like a 95lbs at 58psi at our fuel pressure. Though, you could put whatever you want there and tune VE to give the proper A/F. And if you look at the VE table... it's much lower than a heads/cam car. It's in the 80s at max power with 675rwhp on his dyno (which reads low). So that's probably what was done. My VE table is in the 110s at max power. And it's just H/C. And that's a percentage based on g/sec. So a higher number = more airflow. And the GM PCM adds fueling to that in a fixed ratio.

So if your injectors are huge and you make them small in the IFR table, then the PCM thinks it's using a 35lbs injector and not a 95lbs injector. So it sprays a lot more fuel, making it run rich. To compensate, you have to adjust the VE table that percentage difference in order to achieve desired air/fuel. I did that with injectors when I had the wrong data. I don't know if that what was done, but yeah.

Anyway, it's the offset tables that need to be right or very close. I can't say what is right. Just the data I have on offsets come from flow testing done at Ford Racing.

Last edited by JakeFusion; 08-06-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Very cool, I just wanted to make sure I was looking at it correctly. I appreciate you taking the time to look at it! I think I am going to just throw the injector data from your file in and start tuning from scratch. At least then I can say, for sure, that I know what was changed and why.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Yeah. Denmah knows what he is doing. I just don't know if you can pull that data and expect it to work without knowing what else was done.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Teching In

That is kind of what I was thinking. I know his tune would work but with being new to hptuners I don't want to overlook something they did for reasons that are beyond my knowledge and screw it up

Quick Reply: Sloppy Mechanics 4.8 base tune???