PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

ECM Reflashing For LS Steert Rod Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015 | 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Default ECM Reflashing For LS Steert Rod Build

Can I buy a program just to reflash stuff like removing VATS, rear O2 sensors, ERG, AIR and to change coolant fan temp. on and off times and a few others like tire sizes for a Gen111 or Gen1V LS ECM for my street rod. I'm not racing or plan any fuel or timing remapping, something that will keep the original OEM fuel and timimg specs, for good driveability. This issue may determine how I purchase my ECM or ECU and wiring harness. I also want to keep the Data Link Communicator operable to read codes and monitor the system. I want to buy a donor vehicle with engine, trans with all OEM harnesses and ECU and utilize the parts for my build, but if I can't use this original harness and have to pay someone $500. to reflash the OEM ECU, I might take a different route. I'm up for the build, does anyone have any suggestions or experience in this area to help, it would be deeply appreciated.
Thank You, WebKruzer
Old 08-16-2015 | 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Hp tuners and Eli live will do exactly what you are asking. I prefer hpt as for me, it is more user friendly and logical.
Old 08-17-2015 | 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default VCM Tuning

Thank you aknovaman,
I'm checking it out now. It seems like it can do everything you need.
Old 08-18-2015 | 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

If your wanting to the changes yourself hpt or efi live will give the ability to do that. We sell both. Another option is buying mail order tunes or pcms already programmed for your swap, we also offer both of those services.

Quick Reply: ECM Reflashing For LS Steert Rod Build