Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm testing

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcm testing

I have an 04 gto ls1 in my nissan. Does anyone know of any company or shop that I can have my pcm tested to see if it is functioning correctly?
Old 08-18-2015, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is a very vague question. If you want every function that the PCM is capable of tested then it would probably take something like a reman company to test every function. If you are talking about a specific function or just if if it is tuned correctly then any shop competent in tuning or troubleshooting GM OBD2 platforms could do it.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine will only run correctly when the "MAP" (manifold absolute pressure sensor, not MAF as some people have been misunderstanding me) sensor is unplugged. I can also start the engine with the MAP unplugged and then plug the MAP back in while still running and the engine will remain running fine. The MAP sensor will even register 10hg at idle on my Bosch scanner that is capable of reading live data. However if I leave the sensor plugged in and shut the engine off it will start back up but want to spit and sputter and attempt to die. I have replaced the MAP sensor, MAF sensor, two front 02s (rears are supposed to be deleted with HP tuners), all spark plugs, IAC valve and I have also checked for vacuum leaks and have not found any. The engine is completely stock besides an aftermarket intake tube and filter and a pair of long tube headers.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any competent shop with a scanner can troubleshoot that issue. If you have HPtuners or efilive, using the scanner is piece of cake.

Quick Reply: pcm testing