Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new tune now p0332

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new tune now p0332

quick recap, i was driving a 98 z with no problems or CEL. i pulled the engine and literally turn the lift around and put the engine into a 88 iroc. i sent the comp out to get a mail tune by frost( around feb or march). ive had the car running and driving but only enough to move it out the garage a few dozen times. i finally get around to finishing up my swap and and now that ive put 40 ish miles on it, im getting the knock code p0332.

would the new tune have anything to do with the knock code seeing the mail tune consists of 'improved knock handling" and "new spark/timing maps"?

any help would be appreciated
thanks
mike
Old 08-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 08-27-2015, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GecZ28
anyone?
I know you're freaked, but you can probably relax. Steve has a great reputation for a reason. That code is usually more indicative of a bad sensor, pinched wire, etc. Have you contacted Steve?
Old 08-27-2015, 01:17 AM
Teching In

i havent contacted steve yet, i figured id ask here first before i start throwing money at it.

is there a way to test a knock sensor?
i think the ecu retards the timing once knock is sensed.
i wonder if i clear the code, if i can check the timing and tap the engine and see if it moves??
Old 08-27-2015, 01:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GecZ28
i havent contacted steve yet, i figured id ask here first before i start throwing money at it.

is there a way to test a knock sensor?
i think the ecu retards the timing once knock is sensed.
i wonder if i clear the code, if i can check the timing and tap the engine and see if it moves??
You need the ability to log KR. Tapping the engine wont do anything. I'd start out by checking my wiring.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglegoat
You need the ability to log KR. Tapping the engine wont do anything. I'd start out by checking my wiring.
That knock harness can go bad from sitting on the valley cover and the plastic connectors cracking. Will throw that code.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Teching In

so i tested the wires today with my multimeter. with my meter set on 20dcv, i tested the knock connectors. im getting between 0.04 and 0.05 on both. then i tried the connector for both knock sensors behind the intake. i got the same between 0.04 and 0.05. next i tried to probe the wires coming out if the ecu and tried the light blue wire pin 68, and got the same readings.

now, is 0.04-5 a good reading? or should it be a full 5.0 volts?

the problem only started after driving it about 40ish miles. not the couple dozen times pulling it in and out of the garage and driving a few hundred feet down the street.
i would think if the ecu was bad it would instantly throw a code as soon as i started the engine.

Quick Reply: new tune now p0332