Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL for Knock Sensor Low Input

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL for Knock Sensor Low Input

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2000 Corvette that the previous owner had swapped an LS2 into. He put the LS1 knock sensors in the side of the LS2 block where the LS2 style normally goes. He said he never got it tuned so I was kind of expecting these codes eventually. P0332 and P0327 (Knock sensor circuit low input banks 1&2).

So as far as I know the PCM basically needs to have the sensitivity tables changed to accommodate the new sensor location, correct?

The only other though I had was to get the Racetronix harness that adapts LS2 sensors for an LS1 PCM and have the PCM changed to read those. Is there any advantage to this over just having the sensitivity changed for the stock sensors? Thanks
Old 09-02-2015, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

When I did the swap I used a harness and stock ls1 sensors into drilled/tapped holes on the ls2 block.

I got no codes for them even on stock settings. I eventually increased sensitivity but not 100% I've done so enough or even in the proper table. Still never thrown any codes though. I've seen at most .2-.3* KR on the sensor readings. Seems to me it will be difficult to tune for knock when the engine isn't getting any true knock.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
When I did the swap I used a harness and stock ls1 sensors into drilled/tapped holes on the ls2 block.

I got no codes for them even on stock settings. I eventually increased sensitivity but not 100% I've done so enough or even in the proper table. Still never thrown any codes though. I've seen at most .2-.3* KR on the sensor readings. Seems to me it will be difficult to tune for knock when the engine isn't getting any true knock.
I was only going off of reading what other people had to do when doing a similar conversion. In your opinion what would be causing the codes?
Old 09-02-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

I also moved stock LS1 sensor to the side of my previous LS2 engine and now LS3 engine. I did get KR with the LS2 engine when I pushed the advance and therefore believe it worked.
I also never got codes; I'm no expert on this, but I think the codes have nothing to do with the tune and are caused by bad connections or bad sensors. There are lots of threads on how sensitive the F-body PCM seems to be about the knock sensors. If you replace them, only get to quality ones and not no-brand.

We've had some detailed threads on the subject of adapting LS3 knock sensors to the 411 PCM; anyone have a link?
Old 09-02-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Don't forget those plastic harness connectors. I highly suggest replacing the harness when you replace the Knocks.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

So you guys think both knock sensors went bad?

Quick Reply: CEL for Knock Sensor Low Input