Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shooting Ducks! LS1 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shooting Ducks! LS1 misfire

Just comleted a ls1/t56 swap on my 95 the motor has been in my car for several years now and decided to swap it to a t56. While i was in their i decided to do a head/ intake swap. mods include:

243's prc stage 2.5 cnc port milled to boost compression ~11:1
224r cam
LS6 intake
36 lb injectors
ls7 lifters
headers egr delete rear o2 delete
4.10's
all supporting mods blah blah blah

I installed NGK tr5 plugs that i just re-gaped .050. The car idols fine its a little hesitant on throttle response and when i go to take off it misses bad! stumbling all over the place it seems to clear up by 3rd-4th gear but when i try to roll into the throttle it stumbles all over itself again. I'm planning in checking fuel pressure since i'm still running the lt1 fuel pump which i'm sure is on borrowed time. It is throwing a code which i'm going to have read this week. I was just wondering if anyone has any other advice on were to look. I know a lot of things may cause this problem so i'm open to any advice you guys got. Should i move to a cooler plug with the bump in compression? different gap? i sprayed cab cleaner on intake and throttle body to check for vacuum leak and didn't get anything. Any help is appreciated
Old 09-15-2015, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You have to have a datalog to get any real help or diagnosis. What is your method of fuel pressure regulation since a 95 would have had a fuel rail regulator with a return on the LT1? I don't see any mention of getting it tuned for those mods either.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
You have to have a datalog to get any real help or diagnosis. What is your method of fuel pressure regulation since a 95 would have had a fuel rail regulator with a return on the LT1? I don't see any mention of getting it tuned for those mods either.
I am using a return less system using a corvette fuel filter regulator at the moment it should have been tuned according to my mods. The tune was done by texas speed. I planned on completely redoing the fuel system this winter when I do my 9" swap bc I will be able to access the fuel tank easier. I should have mentioned that the car was running and driving with the ls1 unit with an a4 previous to the t56 heads intake swap.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Also would you recommend any data logging software I'm been thinking of getting some any way this seems like a legit excuse I have obd2 port btw
Old 09-15-2015, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

HP Tuners. Then in addition to data logging you can change the tune if needed. It also gives you the ability to post log and tune files that others can look at to help.

Quick Reply: Shooting Ducks! LS1 misfire