Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0411 ECM interchange questions for swap project

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 0411 ECM interchange questions for swap project

I have a 1998 LS1 and 4L60E running in a 1969 firebird. This is a car I am going to keep forever so I want to go ahead and swap to 99+ ECM for future upgrades and tuning simplicity. I have not licensed the current 98 computer b/c I am running a painless harness which bypasses VATS with a resistor from ignition.

I have been researching 0411 ECM's and see they are offered in many vehicles not just F-body's. What is the best route to go with getting a working ECM? Right now I see the two options below:

1.) *auction site* ECM programmed to a specific Vin. (from talks with the e-bay seller the ECM is cleared and programmed (cloned) to a Vin from whatever I want - in my case 02 Camaro LS1 4l60e.)

Just want to make sure I will not have issues when I try to hook up my HPT to scan and tune that ECM.

2.) buy any 0411 ECM and re-flash 01-02 LS1 4l60e tune.

I don't see why this would be a problem, I have a friend with a LS1 auto fbody that I could get his tune but I have read some places that there are some instances where I would have to pay 2 credits to unlock computer and additional 2 credits to flash the tune (like if the Vin did not match the OS) I definitely don't want to spend 4 credits on one ECM.

Hopefully some people more experienced than I can help me out. I try not post new threads on the forums on cases that have likely already been covered but I have searched and searched and cant find clear answers. I couldn't even get a good answer from HPtuners.

Thank you
Old 09-15-2015, 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I would buy a 411 pcm setup as a 2002 f body. Well sell pcm's with stock tunes or custom tunes also.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Would have been a good decision to make before you spent all that money on a Painless harness. While you can repin the PCM connectors I doubt the wires will be dressed as nice as if it was built by Painless for the 0411
Old 09-15-2015, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Would have been a good decision to make before you spent all that money on a Painless harness. While you can repin the PCM connectors I doubt the wires will be dressed as nice as if it was built by Painless for the 0411
I didn't spend the money on the painless harness. I bought a S10 that had the swap already finished and used that drivetrain/harness/computer in my 69 firebird build. Painless does not even offer the '98 swap harness anymore. Re-pinning is not ideal but since I am going to be keeping this vehicle forever essentially I think it will be best to go ahead and repin and start the tuning process with the better ECM.

Lorenz Just hooked me up with a PCM setup for a '02 LS1 & 4L60E so I should be good to go now.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you for the order, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Quick Reply: 0411 ECM interchange questions for swap project