PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much gains canny get from a simple tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much gains canny get from a simple tuning?

Have an 01 Silverado 5.3. Simple things, corvette servo, Transgo hd2 kit, tranny cooler, k&n cold air intake, 3 in exhaust, still stock manifold and cats. I just wanna know how much of a performance gain can I expect to see? I have him redoing the shift points, adjusting timing, speed limit, adaptive shift learning, and whatever else comes with tuning. Should I expect a big difference or barely anything?
Old 09-17-2015, 01:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 598 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SilveradoJakie
Have an 01 Silverado 5.3. Simple things, corvette servo, Transgo hd2 kit, tranny cooler, k&n cold air intake, 3 in exhaust, still stock manifold and cats. I just wanna know how much of a performance gain can I expect to see? I have him redoing the shift points, adjusting timing, speed limit, adaptive shift learning, and whatever else comes with tuning. Should I expect a big difference or barely anything?
I have seen a tune be worth 30 horses and 20 foot pounds of torque on a very mild motor running the factory cam.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

above sounds like a reasonable estimate... removing torque management and adjusting shift times , shift pressures , allowing downshifts at slightly higher speeds , upping shift rpm's etc will all give tangible results as far as seat of the pants/driving impression , but if the person tuning is using a wideband and your fueling happens to be off and proper fueling is achieved then he should be able to get more timing in it that is where you stand the best chance of showing more hp in a dyno situation.

Either way if done well you will like the results

Quick Reply: How much gains canny get from a simple tuning?