Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tune for my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New tune for my car

Went to Des Moines Iowa to tune my car. (Not a sponsor.) Called and told them everything about my car except I forgot to tell them it was speed density. They quoted me 500.00 to tune. I drove up, they said my computer was locked and sold me one for 150.00 Wanted to leave, but was a long ways from home. We tuned, the fee was 794.54 I was told it was because it was speed density. Anyway I took the car and left and when I let off the gas it sounded like I threw a roll of blackcats out the window, they said they retarded the timing for drivability. Also when i let off the gas it would stumble around and died two times. So I took it back, they worked on it till close. I left for home and it was just exactly the same as before. When I arrived in Des Moines the car ran fine and did not pop it only needed tuned because an electric co in omaha ne shorted my meth controller and ruined it and they no longer make it so i had to upgrade..Also when I got home the car ran like this till morning stumbling at lights, poping, cracking. Started the car in the morning an had code p1683 and p0601 and p0500 now i called them and they said it was a speed sensor code, I told them I installed a new speed sensor from GM. Then they said it could be any number of issues. And they would get back with me. That was 2 days ago. my computer only had just turned 13000 miles. The one they sold me was all rusty when i took it out, mine looked just like new,always garaged,never even seen rain only a careful wash and dry. Sorry this was so long...I know they wont call me

Last edited by BOONE; 09-17-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If there isn't a P0602 code, then P0601 & P1683 is caused by a bad PCM. The P0500 is for vehicle speed sensor circuit A, and can be caused by a bad PCM. Does the speedo work?

Russ Kemp
Old 09-17-2015, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes the speedo worked when i drove it home and when i drove it back up there again to get it fixed, i might have forgot to say that before. Then when i got home the 2nd time is when it messed up the next morning when i tried to go somewhere. No P0602 Code though.I will have to drive it around the block and see.

Last edited by BOONE; 09-17-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default A just response

I called the tuner to ask about someone else (other than them) helping me and to find out what software they use as they dont let anyone in the dyno room. They said they would send my old computer off to be rebuilt free of charge and that they had my file on their computer and i dont even need to send the one i bought to them at all. Man I am so happy. They made good after all the waiting and driving. PRAISE GOD HIMSELF !!!!! BOONE

Quick Reply: New tune for my car