Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO336 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO336 problems

Ok everyone this has been giving me fits all summer.
Rebuilt the motor this spring with new crank. Fired it up and ran smooth as a ms4,lpe heads,fast 102 will run on part tune. Same setup I had before the rebuild, but as soon as it warms up the po336 code pops up, while still idling perfect. The tach stops working once this happens.

I have replaced the sensor, checked my wires plus all grounds. I marked my balancer for every firing and used timing light to find out if reluctor ring is put on backwards. Every cylinder fired when it was supposed to. Checked heat at every cylinder with thermo gun and 7 of the 8 is at 400 degrees with #6 just a tick under that at 360..

I was hoping to just drive the car for one summer before I drop the 408 in this winter but haven't. I can cold drive it with no problems. Cruise it for 2,3 miles no problem hammer on it no problem. Rev it with no problem.

I understand it could still be reluctor ring I just thought I would pick some smarter brains on here and see what you guys have came across with this issue. Most I've seen is car won't really run if reluctor ring is on backwards.

Thanks

Last edited by fastlane02; 09-20-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think my next step will be a relearn for the ckp and see if that works but if anyone else has ideas. I could use them lol

Quick Reply: PO336 problems