Sponsored by:

MAST Motorsports ECU Situation

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default MAST Motorsports ECU Situation

Background on the car -

Dad has done a swap with a 68 Camaro w/ stock (2009)LS7 and a 6speed. ECU is the Mast Motorsports and harness. It was expressed at purchase what motor and the swap, etc... and it is preprogrammed with the tune from what I was told. The tune has not been changed.

Only mods to the car are the long tube headers for the swap. The O2 sensors are located at what would be the 2pm(driver's side) and the 11pm(passenger side) on the collectors.

Finally got it running and now have a slight issue. So I will do the best to explain and show pictures of the UI to show what happens. I will say, that we've swapped o2 sensors from side to side and it doesn't matter what side they are on. In addition, the situation will go from 1 bank and then shut off car and restart and then it will go to the other bank sometimes. So it isn't just one bank of the engine, and it is not a specific o2 sensor creating the issue.

When we turn the key -

Notice the UEGO 1 and UEGO 2 are off.

We start the car -

They are now warming and the car idles smooth as butter.

and then it starts... Soon as they switch to "Active"

can see bank 2 starting to go down

and even further down.....

At this point soon as it starts to go below the 1.000 value, the car will start missing and the idle becomes really rough. It will literally shake the whole car and we shut it off. The car has barely been driven because of this situation, but has let idle with trying to determine what is causing this situation. We have looked at coil packs, injectors, wires, o2's, etc... Like I said, it will switch to the other bank after restarting the car. It isn't a continuous back and forth, but the important information again is its just not one side doing it.

Any thoughts? He callled MAST this morning, and they haven't returned the call. I know people are busy so no biggie on that, we are all just going on a family vacation this coming week so have some time to discuss situation.

Thanks!

And a car pic for good measure since I'm proud of my pops for his effort in doing this swap in his garage. Pardon the cheap phone pic he sent me

Name:  IMG_0915_zpsxvsyzrgj.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  137.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0914_zpsjvq9lqqx.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  115.5 KB
Old 11-08-2015, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

What do you see on a log, w/ the system put into open loop?
Any other issues pop up?
Old 11-16-2015, 01:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well after getting some responses on pro-touring site, it sounded like the first idea would be to change the actual HARNESS locations from drivers to passengers side.

Completed that test, and it seems to have fixed the issue and it makes sense with what we were seeing. Sucks that the harness locations were mislabeled but at least it is working like it should at this point.

Quick Reply: MAST Motorsports ECU Situation