PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cam ... where to start w/ HP Tuners?

Old 06-10-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default New Cam ... where to start w/ HP Tuners?

Does HP Tuners give template files that I can flash to my PCM as a basic start point for the cam and mods that I have? OR, do I just input information to the tuner and it generates a file that is close to what I have so i can tweak it form there?

I don't want to pay someone $500 for a dyno tune on a car that will only produce around 400 rwhp. I think I'll put that money into HP Tuners. Is this a wise thing to do? I do computer **** for a living, so, the program should be easy to use.

When I get HP Tuners, I just don't know where or how to start. I now have a cam car with no tune and I have removed !EGR !AIR and I need to turn those off ... along with the SES light, as well.

Would someone help me get started? Thanks.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, HP or edit is the way to go. If you'd like, when you get the file read out of your car email it to me and I'll write a baseline file for you to work from.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default That would be much appreciated.

Well, that's very nice of you to do that. The only cheaper alternative is to take my Superchips programmer and have the Superchips folks to flash it and re-VIN lock it and then I'm depending on them to get it right ... at the cost of $275.00. Any mod I would do, it would be the same thing over and over. I'll buy HP Tuners and let you what I have. Thanks for offering to do this and if I can ever help you in any way, let me know.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1RZ06
Yes, HP or edit is the way to go. If you'd like, when you get the file read out of your car email it to me and I'll write a baseline file for you to work from.
f1rz06 im buying hp tuners soon and want to do a cam change but have no clue where to start can i email you to when i get it to help with a baseline tune ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Cam ... where to start w/ HP Tuners?