Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune issue?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tune issue?

i have a 99 trans am m6. torquer v3 cam tsp 1 7/8 headers ory 3.73 gears k&n air filter.

for the past month or so i have been experiencing a bucking issue at around 1500 rpms. seems to do it in every gear, most noticable in 5th-6th gear. it is very annoying, the car did this once before and i go underneath and it was the torque arm bolts loose. so i tightened them back up and it went away, now i got back under it thinking they were loose again and they are still tight. i did notice there is a little bit of slack in the diff. i can get a hold of the yoke on the pinon and it does have a small amount of slack in it. it has not always done this, so im not even sure if its a tune issue, or a mechanical issue. the car was tuned by blucat and have never heard of anyone having an issue with their tune, but im just trying to figure out what it is. the differential was completely rebuilt about 20k miles ago, new auburn carrier and 3.73 gears. the cam was installed about 10k miles ago, and has been fine up until the last month or so. i usually dont even drive the car but my DD tore up so ive been driving it to work and this is when i noticed it.

please help.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just replied to your other thread to post in here. Free bump - good luck!

Quick Reply: tune issue?