Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners with Windows 10

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuners with Windows 10

Trying to install HP Tuners on our new laptop with Windows 10 and it's not cooperating. I've loaded the disc and the program has been installed but the drivers aren't installing automatically and it won't allow me to activate the software. I have a coupe tunes on the desktop but can't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Scott
Old 02-06-2016, 08:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I have it on 10 on two computers. I installed HPT and then plugged in my MPVI and went to device manager and right clicked USB and scan for hardware changes and it found it and installed the drivers. Had to do that on both computers but I also run all Mac's with parallels so I just figured it was because of that why I had to do the extra steps.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
I have it on 10 on two computers. I installed HPT and then plugged in my MPVI and went to device manager and right clicked USB and scan for hardware changes and it found it and installed the drivers. Had to do that on both computers but I also run all Mac's with parallels so I just figured it was because of that why I had to do the extra steps.
Thank you. After it installed the drivers did it then allow you to enter your serial number, password etc.?
Old 02-07-2016, 02:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

Hey Scott,

Any progress? Are you installing from your orig disc?

Do you know how to go into control panel, device manager etc?

Plug the MPVI in and the computer will see it.

Also, a warning for you. Your disc will have 2.24 on it. At the present time, HPT only offers 3.0 on the website to update to. It's much different than 2.24. So you will just want to leave yours as installed unless you want a whole new learning curve.

BTW, HPT works fine with WIN 10. For me, I already had HPT on before I updated to win 10. It all worked.
I've had my share of hassles with win 10, but it's sure better than win 8.

Ron
Old 02-07-2016, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
Hey Scott,

Any progress? Are you installing from your orig disc?

Do you know how to go into control panel, device manager etc?

Plug the MPVI in and the computer will see it.

Also, a warning for you. Your disc will have 2.24 on it. At the present time, HPT only offers 3.0 on the website to update to. It's much different than 2.24. So you will just want to leave yours as installed unless you want a whole new learning curve.

BTW, HPT works fine with WIN 10. For me, I already had HPT on before I updated to win 10. It all worked.
I've had my share of hassles with win 10, but it's sure better than win 8.

Ron
I am installing from the original disc Ron. Yes, we have the 2.24 version. I don't have any intent right now to update to 3.0 as the tunes we have were done on 2.24. The disc took and the software loaded onto the computer but when I plug the MPVI in the computer is not finding it. I'm not sure how to access the control panel or device manager on Windows 10 and I'm also not sure when it is going to ask me for my serial number and password. That's what I need to figure out.

Scott
Old 02-07-2016, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok. Sat down tonight and found the device manager and the MPVI within it. However it won't load them. We don't have Internet at our house because we live in the sticks. Do I need Internet access to add the drivers? And when I load them will that be when I have to enter my serial number?

Scott
Old 02-07-2016, 06:15 PM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

Yes, you need Internet.
Make your cell phone into a hot spot and connect the lap top to it.
Then you will have Internet.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
Yes, you need Internet.
Make your cell phone into a hot spot and connect the lap top to it.
Then you will have Internet.
Thank you Ron. I'll take my laptop to work tomorrow and pick up the internet there and give it a try. Thanks for your number. I always appreciate your help! If I work on it at lunch tomorrow will you be free late morning for me to call you?

Scott
Old 02-08-2016, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Brought my laptop to work (where I have internet) and loaded both drivers in about 5 minutes. That was the missing piece. Never asked me for registration information; MPVI must have had it stored already. I can now open both my NA and nitrous tune. All appears to be working correctly.

Thank you guys for the help!

Scott

Quick Reply: HP Tuners with Windows 10