Sponsored by:

Newbie here... Need help with my LS3

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here... Need help with my LS3

Hi Everyone

My name is Huzi, and I am new to the forum...

I recently purchased a new LS3 engine from American Speed, a 430crate motor that has been tuned/dyno-ed at 489HP/510ft-lbs...

After dropping it into my car, I am having the following problem:

The car starts fine, idles great... however, if I blip the throttle, the engine dies as soon as the rpm falls below 700... same thing when driving - under load/throttle, it drives great... however, if braking/downshifting, or dropping to N and idling, the engine goes off if the rpm drops too low..

I have been told by the builder to look at the 'coastdown' setting - can someone help me with that to do here?

Also, my scanner is throwing out 2 codes: P0122 and P0223.. which show too high and too low voltage at the TPS... I used a multimeter to check the voltage of the TPS, and the following is what it shows (with ignition on, engine off):

With no throttle: 3.6V and 1.4V from hi/lo ref wires at throttle sensor...
WOT: 0.85V and 4.15V at hi/lo ref wires at throttle sender

I have been told that these should be 4.5/0.5 at no throttle - how can I fix this?

THanks in advance for any help!
Old 02-29-2016, 09:37 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Hey Huzi,

For future reference, LS1Tech is broken down into several sections to organize the topics of discussion. This is so people can have their questions answered by the knowledgeable people who view each specific section, and also so someone searching for an answer to their question can search the specific sections and sort through less noise to find their answer.

For example, you posted this in the Engine Internals section. This section is more appropriate for discussions on things like engine blocks, cylinder heads, camshafts, etc. Your question has more to do with tuning, troubleshooting, and the PCM. There is a section for that, so I'll move it for you. Please keep this in mind in the future and good luck with your predicament.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If it was just tuned on an engine dyno then it just needs to be tuned now that its in your car. We tune on a engine dyno and chassis dyno and what works on the engine dyno necessarily wont work in the car the same.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum

When you say 'need to be tuned again', what exactly will I need to do for that? Since I am in Dubai, there are not a lot of 'tuners' here - is this something I can do myself?

Thanks for the advise
Old 03-01-2016, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The calibration in the ecm needs to be re-done for being in a car. It will need to be tuned in person or through email by someone. You would need tuning software like HP Tuners or EFI Live, a laptop, and a wideband to tune it yourself or have it done through email.

Quick Reply: Newbie here... Need help with my LS3