Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order tuning with boost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail order tuning with boost?

Hey, sorry for this being one of my first posts in here, typically i just search and find everything i need, but this question is a bit more specific and i am hoping to find the answer i need.

I just finished LS swapping my 72 chevelle, and added a small turbo as well.

The person who i was planning to taking my car to be dyno tuned is flaking on me badly, and im starting not to trust them with the job, and i literally have no other options to get dyno tuned within 3-4 hours of me right now that im aware of.

Is there any good mail order options to get a conservative tune with boost? something that i can use to drive on for a while, until i find another good option for a dyno tune to get it dialed in best?

Thanks for any help!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With no way to verify the tune via data logging while driving it is pretty much impossible to know if any mail order tune is going to be good enough to drive around on. Especially with forced induction. Double that with a turbo where the amount of FI is not linear with rpm.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Where are you located, I am sure someone can chime in on a tuner. With your situation, there is no way to get a good, safe tune. If you were to buy HPT and a wideband, then someone could email/remote tune it for you with logs and updates.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd say it would be sufficient enough to allow you to drive the car to your tuner, but not something I'd plan on being optimal.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CoSpeed Remote tuning service would be able to help you with this. If you have HPT that would be great if not you get a discount of $50 if you buy it with the remote tuning service. They will tune your car and help you learn how to tune it yourself, I assume so that they can get it close you and can fine tune it a bit later on.

http://www.coloradospeed.com/index.p...age=page&id=86

Hit them up and they will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeebus
Hey, sorry for this being one of my first posts in here, typically i just search and find everything i need, but this question is a bit more specific and i am hoping to find the answer i need.

I just finished LS swapping my 72 chevelle, and added a small turbo as well.

The person who i was planning to taking my car to be dyno tuned is flaking on me badly, and im starting not to trust them with the job, and i literally have no other options to get dyno tuned within 3-4 hours of me right now that im aware of.

Is there any good mail order options to get a conservative tune with boost? something that i can use to drive on for a while, until i find another good option for a dyno tune to get it dialed in best?

Thanks for any help!

What happen to the FItech,,did you use the GoEFi 8

Quick Reply: Mail order tuning with boost?