Sponsored by:

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need some help

Hey guys,

I currently have a iron block 370ci engine, Dart pro1 250cc heads 91.5 turbo, 160# inj. This was going to be for a full out 90/10 drag car but I changed my mind. I now was a full 90/10 street car. 90 on the street 10 at the track.

So I am dumping the powerglide for a 4l80e. I dumped the A2W for a A2A. There is a few things I need to concider and I need your help.

2000 formula body

-what street friendly boost controller that i will not need to use co2?
-what gear should I use?
-The cpu was tuned for e85 w/ HP Tuners should I stay with e85?
-Should I dump the 91.5 for twins?
-I have a magnafuel 750 inline pump system should I go with a internal more street pump?

So the meat of my quest is about the Tuning. If I was to use pump gas would I be able to tame this motor for street and highway use?
Old 03-06-2016, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Off the top of my head I'd say no, not in it's current state.

The injectors are probably too big for gas, and the ECM will need to be re-tuned for smaller injectors and change of fuel.

An NA system with a flex fuel sensor would work, but when you add the turbo it won't.

The turbo question has too many variables to answer.

Race motors on the street have a fairly short lifespan, cooling system, oil clearance, piston clearance, piston weight, CR, valve lift, induction system (type & size), all contribute to a short life or poor part throttle operation. Big air valves make for choppy throttle modulation. Loose converters don't couple efficiently at part throttle.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, Well I can understand the injectors and ecm reprogramming. But the motor itself. Should be able to handle street use. Seeing its a Iron block 370ci, compression only 8.5 to 1. should be no overheating issues there. I am going with a 4l80e trans. I have a injector driver system on the 160 injectors. Thanks for your imput. I will continue my research.

Quick Reply: Need some help