PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

01 trans am ws6 tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016 | 11:44 AM
Teching In

Default 01 trans am ws6 tune

Needing some help guys.i just installed long tube headers and true dual excuast ..no emission here..373 gears in rear so speed odometer is off ..200 wet shot of nos and 100 dry shot.. guy doing all my work has a tune he put on a 02 camaro stock besides long tube headers it picked up a lil over a sec in 1/4 mile.. it's 350 for him to do that tune to my car or I can have it tuned with another shop on a dyno for my motor and tuned for my nos..I also had retard box installed for the nos wet shot.. tune on dyno gona run 500 to 600 and help which way to go thanks..
Old 03-10-2016 | 02:12 PM
FormerVendor

You cant just load another tune from another car and think its going to work when dealing with nitrous especially on a 300 shot. You will need to get the correct heat range plugs, and have it tuned by reading the plugs either on a loaded dyno or at the track on nitrous.
Old 03-10-2016 | 04:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
You cant just load another tune from another car and think its going to work when dealing with nitrous especially on a 300 shot. You will need to get the correct heat range plugs, and have it tuned by reading the plugs either on a loaded dyno or at the track on nitrous.
I have the tr66 plugs just put in also w msd wires.. the 100 dry shot I'm not going to shoot w the 200 wet.the tune he wants to put on is just a motor tune has nothing to do w the nitrous..still have to pay gm to unlock the pcm but just didn't know w either it would b ok to do the tune cause I'm going to door work down the rd soon as of heads cam intake and then get a good dyno tune..
Old 03-28-2016 | 10:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Michael Feagin
Needing some help guys.i just installed long tube headers and true dual excuast ..no emission here..373 gears in rear so speed odometer is off ..200 wet shot of nos and 100 dry shot.. guy doing all my work has a tune he put on a 02 camaro stock besides long tube headers it picked up a lil over a sec in 1/4 mile.. it's 350 for him to do that tune to my car or I can have it tuned with another shop on a dyno for my motor and tuned for my nos..I also had retard box installed for the nos wet shot.. tune on dyno gona run 500 to 600 and help which way to go thanks..
I would get your car custom tuned. When I got hp tuners, i downloaded a tune from a car with the exact, and i do mean exact, mods as mine. I thought I would only have to make minor adjustments. Nope. Wrong. When I was done tuning, the 2 files looked completely different when comparing. Granted, the tune I downloaded was way closer than the factory tune.

Its so much better having a custom tune for your exact mods instead of having a tune flashed from another car.

EDIT: Contact Frost and talk to him about getting a mail order tune. I don't know what he does for nitrous but everyone seems to love his work. Cheaper than $350 IIRC and probably will be better.
Old 03-28-2016 | 03:30 PM
Super Hulk Smash

TR6 isn't cold enough for a 200 shot.
Old 03-29-2016 | 06:34 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies... mean while o did get a customized tune on my car off dyno..love the motor tune but I ran out of fuel pressure before we got to the nos tune...I bought a airmotive 340 fuel pump but can't seem to get it to hook up rigjt so I went with a ac Delco since the one in my car was some cheap China made one.. hopeing it's gona be enough..
Old 03-29-2016 | 11:00 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies... mean while o did get a customized tune on my car off dyno..love the motor tune but I ran out of fuel pressure before we got to the nos tune...I bought a airmotive 340 fuel pump but can't seem to get it to hook up rigjt so I went with a ac Delco since the one in my car was some cheap China made one.. hopeing it's gona be enough..
Hoping isn't good. Acdelco OEM pump might not cut it. Always better to have more pump than hope you have enough.
Old 03-29-2016 | 11:31 AM
Teching In

The airamotive 340 pump I bought from summit don't seem to hook up tho and of I did hook it up it would b so high on the fram of the old pump that I would have to keep my tank full to keep the fuel running threw it.. can't find a video on the pump to see how to install it correctly. . Any help on that would be great
Old 04-01-2016 | 09:40 AM
Launching!

The airamotive 340 pump I bought from summit don't seem to hook up tho and of I did hook it up it would b so high on the fram of the old pump that I would have to keep my tank full to keep the fuel running threw it.. can't find a video on the pump to see how to install it correctly. . Any help on that would be great
cant get it to hook up like plug in? or what? all the aftermarket pumps, including stock replacement pumps sold at local auto parts stores, usually have a plug that you have to wire in. Its super easy. Unless you mean something else
Old 04-01-2016 | 10:24 AM
Teching In

I knkw I would have to modafi the houseing.. I got a guy working on it as we speak so I can put it on the dyno and finish w the tune.. they have hooked up alot of them

Quick Reply: 01 trans am ws6 tune