Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 408 turbo cranks will not fire, has spark and fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 408 turbo cranks will not fire, has spark and fuel

Hey guys, need help asap, I'm in Texas for the roll racing which starts in 10hrs. Upon tuning my boost curve it was rich so I let out of it, car backfired and I pulled over to reflash. Car died at idle, then the car would not start. It cranks and cranks and cranks, but will only pop or backfire once or twice and that's it. Changed plugs as they were fouled. Still no start. Has fuel, has spark, (verified both), has 160-165 compression on all cyls. Changed crank sensor, and cam sensor. Has 2 cam sensor codes after the pull. Is the culprit a skipped timing chain? (Has a double roller on it with less than 500miles) car is a 408 lq4 single 88mm turbo in a c5 tuned with hp tuners.

Really stumped as it worked perfect in canada when I tuned it, and the air is just so much different here than in canada.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Since you have fuel, spark, and compression then I would suspect the fuel tuning.

Has the Startup Airflow Initial table been modified? If so then reduce it back to stock.
Have you reduced your Cranking VE to match your Primary VE?
Old 03-17-2016, 10:51 AM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What were the error codes? Can Google them and most of the time there give you a explanation.

Quick Reply: C5 408 turbo cranks will not fire, has spark and fuel