Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could someone look at my scan and see if anything looks out of whack

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Could someone look at my scan and see if anything looks out of whack

I'm getting my motor lined out and I have noticed a little bit of a bog when I mash on the accelerator at idle.

I'm getting a strong smell want to make sure it's not running rich/lean or a sensor isn't acting correctly.

My PCM is a 2004 DBC with an express van tune, or at least thats what it's supposed to be.

Engine is a stock 5.3 from a truck with LS1 intake and injectors, scan was done with hptuners.

If you need anymore information please let me know, hopefully you'll see something I might need to look at

Scan was done with the motor fully warmed and running for about 10 minutes, scan was done with hptuners.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
scan 5.hpl (108.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: hpt
PCM Settings 12-31-15.hpt (260.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-01-2016, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

One thing that concerns me, is that I don't have any readout for the TPS (barely), INJ B1 or INJ B2 on the graph...all of the other screenshots I have seen on the web show those readings...so something is off and I have to figure out where to start looking. It's either a setting on the tune itself or something isn't hooked up correctly

Name:  screenshot%204-1-16_zpskdm8z0hr.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  624.5 KB
Old 04-01-2016, 09:02 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

*TPS will show 0% at idle and you can see the TPS movement along with the RPM blips so I think your TPS is reading fine.
*Doesn't look like you have INJ B1 or B2 listed in your Channels. You need to add them to the list in order to see them in the scan.
* Can't tell a whole lot from just an idle scan, but it does appear that all your sensors are working. Long term fuel trims are close. MAP in the mid 30s typical for a stock cam.

If you have headers and no catalytic converters a little fuel smell is common. But it looks like you have stock manifolds from the O2 sensor activity at idle. So with manifolds and a stock cam profile I wouldn't expect much fuel smell. I'll take a look at the tune file next.

edit -
I don't have an 03 Express 5.3 tune file to compare your changes, but a quick look at the file didn't have anything jump out at me. It's not necessarily setup for max power (spark advance is low and PE is rich), but it looks like a good starting point. You just need to drive and collect data and adjust fuel and spark as necessary.

Last edited by Chevy406; 04-01-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

awesome, thanks for the quick reply and help. I'm starting to dabble into this type of stuff so i am wanting and willing to learn.

I don't have cats, but I do have hooker cast manifolds (similar to the 2010 camaro). Dual 2.5" exhaust with an X pipe.

Stock 02 sensors on the fronts, rear eliminated.

You've helped me a lot so far

Quick Reply: Could someone look at my scan and see if anything looks out of whack