PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

knock sensor harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016 | 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Default knock sensor harness

I bought new GM knock sensors because mine are not working and from what little info I found it is said that to only use GM sensors unless you want to go back in because the aftermarket is not very good at things like these. So my question is will it be OK to use an aftermarket harness for this project or do I need to go GM with the harness also? I really don't want to do this job anyway because there is no room under the hood to do the job and I definitely do not want to do it twice. Anyone use the aftermarket harness with success?
Old 04-17-2016 | 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

I bought an aftermarket harness so I guess I will figure this one out for myself.
Old 04-18-2016 | 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Dorman knock sensor harness

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I actually just installed new knock sensors ac Delco with the Dorman harness and I feel that the Dorman harness is just as good if not better actually and I work at a gm dealer the quality imho. I got the ac Delco knock sensors and harness through summit racing way cheaper and used my summit bucks of 20 and the total came to like 108 and change. So far so good no codes.
Old 04-18-2016 | 09:05 PM
On The Tree

I also just switched sensors and put in the Dorman harness. All codes gone and fit good

Quick Reply: knock sensor harness