Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor riddle

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor riddle

Ok guys I got a good one Ive seen 100's of forums on this put no fix I have a 99 GMC rcsb 5.3 bored to 5.7 PRC CNC heads vinchi trucker high lift cam long tube etc not gona list everything I have both knock sensor codes po327 and po332 I've replaced the sensors and harness 4 times torqued to spec it keeps coming up and pulling time we even cleared the code long enough to tune it and they always come bak but they ohm out right at 99ohms all the way through the sensor harness im lost I got alot of experience with these engines and I've never seen this I duno what to do the engine purs like a kitten there is no knock give me your opinions ? I tryed to find a diagram of the whole circuit but I can't find one I don't think it's a PCM issue caise that's the only issue with the truck?
Old 04-26-2016, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Did you use all genuine gm parts? I only ask because i have read many times with knock sensor problem are with the after market sensors and aftermarket harness. Once the put the proper gm parts in they worked fine. Also make sure none of the wires are pinched anywhere.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All GM parts nothing pinched that I can see

Quick Reply: Knock sensor riddle