PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp tuner rich "wot" can't trim????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hp tuner rich "wot" can't trim????

This may not be the right place to post this but I feel my problem lies in the maf. Please feel free to lend any ideas you may feel might be a direction to look for solution.
I have a well modified ls1 11.5 to 1 compression cnc heads 610 lift cam 240 dur @50 112 centerline fast intake 92mm headers
I have had it ve tuned open loop and it runs well at wot but wouldn't idle stalls at stop Then went back to closed loop with my maf and idles well but wot is very rich. I have trim my fuel 15% with no help in leaning the car
Thats where i'm thinking the maf is causing this issue. I have hp tuners and wideband installed and will provide a screenshot of my scan The wideband shows mid to upper 9's at wot and should be mid 11's Any ideas ???

Old 06-01-2016, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Garland
I have trim my fuel 15%
Explain how you did this. Your narrow band O2s don't indicate anywhere near a 9:1 A/F. Posting the actual log file and the tune file would help.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Ok here are the log and tune files
I am new to hp tuners but have had this tuned by someone that has basically told me the fuel trims he has made are not changing the fuel trims It was tuned open ve and it ran good in wot but stalled at idle then in closed loop runs good at idle and cruise but wot is rich on WB in the (9.5) Im thinking the MAF as it was new from local auto parts store and still has screen Maybe my car is just needing more air with the engine mods that have been made But on the other hand when in open loop the MAF was still inline just unpluged.
Im just looking to get some direction as Im at the point where I just dont know where to look for this issue fix.

Any help or even guidance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Log and tune file below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8jxc6vjgg...%3A30.hpl?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j0s24635h...0file.hpt?dl=0
Old 06-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Default Anyone lend a hand???

I have posted both tune and log files from hp tuners. If you have a chance please look at them My wideband is showing in the mid 9's at wot I have sprayed all over intake with brake clean and throttle body I don't have any references to see good levels of maf air or map data but map data seem off to me If someone who understands map related to maf and trims Can you please look at my log file and give me your option on whats happening
I would really appreciate it
thanks
Old 06-03-2016, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't updated my HP Tuners to 3.0 so I can't look at your files. Otherwise I would.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's similar to a gen 4 pcm it will carry positive fuel trims into WOT if they are present prior. Your log shows 20% positive LTFT in wot which is likely your issue. You need to tune the maf and ve below the wot range first. I'm not very familiar with gen 3 stuff but a quick look shows that your ve is not tuned well...the map is a complete mess with massive jumps and peaks all over as well and cliffs and holes. The maf curve looks a little flat compared to a gen 4 as well but that could be normal...not sure. You really need to get a proper tune of the ve if you want to use it or you will be chasing your tail forever.

Quick Reply: hp tuner rich "wot" can't trim????