Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holley hp with TBI tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holley hp with TBI tuning

I've got an ls1 with a mild cam. It's a 4 barrel holley tbi unit with 85lb injectors. I can get it to run but the wideband is at like 35:1 so it's dumping fuel trying to rich it up but it's so much fuel that it's just huffing it out the exhaust. The learn feature shows its working but it's just adding more fuel. I need a better base to start with and go from there I think. Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Any kind of misfire will lead to air getting into the exhaust sensor stream. Making it read lean. The opposite of what you might think. Hows your ignition hooked up ? The learn feature can only do so much, base calibration has to be somewhat in the ballpark.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I forgot I was going to switch to a different plug. I'm running ngk r55 I think. So maybe that hot plug has something to do with it and maybe one is fouled out but when I get it running good, it does not seem to have a misfire. My ignition is is ran through a painless fuse block and/ or straight to the battery. I followed how they wanted it it hooked up. I just added coil pack harness and chenged the crank and cam connectors to the correct ones for the ls1.

Quick Reply: holley hp with TBI tuning