Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ms3 pro or stock harness and ecu

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 08:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ms3 pro or stock harness and ecu

Trying to do some research but I can't find much on the subject. Any reason besides monitary reasons to go with a stock harness over the ms3 pro plug and play setup. It's going in a 92 fox with a built nitrous lq4. Car has a manual trans so no computer required. Another plus of the ms3 is I can use a tablet for gauges and run multiple tunes.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:22 AM
Teching In

They're two completely different animals. The stock ECU will be easier to get smooth drivability, idle, etc. However that's not to say at all that MS3 will be able to be smooth, it will just take more tuning. The main difference is whether or not the features are worth the extra cost to you. 2-step launch control, timing retard after launch, traction control, flat foot shift, several generic sensor inputs, auto-tune, flex fuel and table switch, SD card datalogging, nitrous control, water injection control. The features are enough to make me use MS3, I'll be using MS3+MS3x in my Miata swap (I'm currently using the MS3 on the 4 cylinder).

I have a Racepak iq3s as my dash, and an 8" tablet mounted in my radio delete for tuning and more data. My roommate is using his tablet as his main instrument cluster. Tunerstudio works great on a tablet, and makes tuning on the fly very easy.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

So what you are saying is there is no reason not to go with ms3 pro lol

Quick Reply: Ms3 pro or stock harness and ecu