Sponsored by:

Problems with my Tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my Tune

I have a 2002 M6 Z28 with H/C/I/LT's with a 150 wet kit
Car made 554/562 with the current tune on it.

My WOT is good but my driveability ****. Car bucks and surges on low RPM, has trouble idleing occasionally, and has terrible gas mileage. Wideband stays around 14.3-14.9 cruising and sticks at 11.5 WOT (not sure if thats a good number WOT?) I tuned the car myself with HP and its the first time I have ever messed with anything like this.

I have a file attached of a datalog I did of just some normal driving and I'm having trouble finding where I need to go next with my adjustments.

I need to know where to go next for info or advice on what to change.

Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
CHRISZ28DD.hpl (642.8 KB, 50 views)
Old 07-11-2016, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Well it sounds like the VE table is off, and the MAF is not right. I don't have time to look at the tune right now, but generally speaking, if the mpgs suck, the MAF calibration is off, which also accounts for the bad driveability.

What cam is in the car? The specs will tell a lot about this. Do you have any logs? What is your afr error generally at? What did you tune first, VE or MAF, and how did you tune it? I won't have much internet access for the next 12 days, but I'll check when I get back, and can try to help you out.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cam is a vengeance racing VRX6.
I attached a log to the first post.

As far as the tuning questions I'm very new with Hp and all of the tuning was done by looking for YouTube how to's and trying to find info through forums and such. I have very little knowledge on the matter and don't recall specifically tuning the MAF and VE. Chances are they are way off as you said.

This tune has been on the car for months now and was on the back burner to make room for another project so a lot is hard to recall how I did it. HP is pretty daunting to me right now to be honest.

I really appreciate your time but if I need more knowledge before you can help me I would be happy to learn something in the meantime before you had a chance to look at the log.

Quick Reply: Problems with my Tune