Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 P0140 P0405 P0412 P0418 Ninja Please... 😒

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 P0140 P0405 P0412 P0418 Ninja Please... 😒

Had my car dyno'd and the engine light was on when it came home, tuner told me too change the plugs and the misfire would go away. So i changed all 8 plugs with new wires,removed the metal boots and no change in the issues. I had the light ran at autoZone and. .... well. .... trouble. They recommended I buy a new cap and rotor..... 😂😂😭😭

P0300 random misfire
P0140 Bank 1 Sensor insufficient activity
P0405 EGR Sensor circuit low
P0412 Secondary Air system solenoid control circuit malfunction
P0418 secondary air system pump relay control circuit malfunction bank 1
X2 on my list from auto zone

I did the research on the Codes but it's like reading Arabic

, my question for you bad dudes, can I delete my egr and my AIR system to get rid of all those problems?

Could those codes be causing the random misfire?

Last time I drove my car it seemed to be down on power and the engine light was flashing, do I need a new 02 sensor on the drivers side behind the cat?

Any help is much appreciated, I don't have the cash to just go parts kamakazi and not fix the problem.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You should change the tuner. Sounds like he doesn't have a clue. It's a shame the number if inept people charging for tuning services. A huge part of tuning is being able to properly diagnose problems with the vehicle.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
You should change the tuner. Sounds like he doesn't have a clue. It's a shame the number if inept people charging for tuning services. A huge part of tuning is being able to properly diagnose problems with the vehicle.
I thought it was odd that I had to ask why the check engine light was on when I was driving it home. He has a good reputation around here but I do feel like cut corners on my car and I was not happy when I had to go back because he didn't tune for my gear swap.... and that's the reason I got the dyno tune.
I ordered the delete plates for the AIR and EGR
also got a catch can and an air lid with k&n

Quick Reply: P0300 P0140 P0405 P0412 P0418 Ninja Please... 😒