PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing RWHP/RWTQ REALLY need help bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default ????

Originally Posted by TimZ28
Jack,

When are you going to dyno the newly installed injectors? I'm very curious to see if the car has picked up substantial power over the stock injectors.

Tim
I don't believe that it did pick up substantial horsepower Tim. I do know that it feels much better at higher rpm's. That doesn't mean much anyway. The 26# injectors were 6 years old and have never been serviced.

I'll get it dyno'd again in a few weeks and I'll PM you and Team ZR-1 on the results. I'm not going to be a part of trying to prove anyone right or wrong. It just doesn't serve a point and I am not here for that reason.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being the injector duty cycle was over 90% going from 26 to 28 lbs will only cut that DC down by about 5% so max performance will not be seen until the SVO 30s are in which will drop that DC down to more like into the 70-75% and this allow a wider tuning window to run higher PE timing with zero knock yanking timing out and fuel trims equal at around 0 across the part throttle range.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, that's what I was talking about in an earlier post ... about going to 30# SVO injectors. I just wanted to mainly replace the older 26# ones to keep from spending $169.95 plus tax for a fuel injector cleaning/service just to keep my warranty in check. The dealership service manager said he would ensure the new 28.8's are in keeping with my warranty. He's done some things under warranty that normally aren't really covered under warranty. The guy always takes good care of me. The vehicle is still under warranty through part of September. Then is when the SVO injectors will go in.

I'll re-dyno in a few weeks just to see my max numbers on a different dynojet ... not just because I changed injectors.

Thanks for your input again JR. You have a VERY impressive background.