PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Megasquirt Tuning?

Old 08-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megasquirt Tuning?

I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I figured it would be best in here.
I have a 2004 5.3 with LS1 Accessories. I'm running the motor with a Megasquirt MS3X system running sequential injection and spark.
Does anyone have a Ignition timing table either for a 5.3 or a LS1 for me to check my table with?
Specifically with kPa and not with g/cyl.
Thanks for any and all help!
Old 08-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Why not start with a stockish timing map and work your way up from there?
Old 08-29-2016, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Why not start with a stockish timing map and work your way up from there?
That's essentially what I'm asking for. Just a stock map to cross check all of my settings.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot me an email stude327@gmail.com and I can mail you what i have going on for reference. You can literally drag the entire table to 26 degrees fixed and the car will start and idle. VE you should be able to calculate a table based off injector size, displacement, rpm, and approximate hp and torque in the VE table maker (pretty sure thats for all MS versions)

The big thing to get them to idle is the correct idle air settings, and to have ignition timing correction for target idle rpm.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dckmn52
Shoot me an email stude327@gmail.com and I can mail you what i have going on for reference. You can literally drag the entire table to 26 degrees fixed and the car will start and idle. VE you should be able to calculate a table based off injector size, displacement, rpm, and approximate hp and torque in the VE table maker (pretty sure thats for all MS versions)

The big thing to get them to idle is the correct idle air settings, and to have ignition timing correction for target idle rpm.
Thank you sir! I have an email sent your way. Coming from sketch3456@gmail.com(Vedem Racing).

Now for the idle. I am also not running a IACV. Is it still possible to make the engine idle decently?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Megasquirt Tuning?