PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a way to buy a new HP tuners interface and just 2 credits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standalone.

Haltech are doing elite 550 for 1095.00 harder to setup however once they are your sorted for a lot of the above issues yes or no.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Default Standalone.

Haltech are doing elite 550 for 1095.00 harder to setup however once they are your sorted for a lot of the above issues yes or no.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

So I paid the $649... because honestly, a full tune is about $500-600. So you're going to pay one way or the other. And if you ever change anything... or add nitrous or a turbo or whatever, you'll have to get retuned.

And once you know how to tune, you will just end up renting dyno time and doing it yourself.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
So I paid the $649... because honestly, a full tune is about $500-600. So you're going to pay one way or the other. And if you ever change anything... or add nitrous or a turbo or whatever, you'll have to get retuned.

And once you know how to tune, you will just end up renting dyno time and doing it yourself.
yeah my thoughts to were tune the same price as product so why not own it for future and a little bit of me wants to look cool at the track.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Maybe you should try and partner up with the guy wanting to sell cheap turbo tunes.
lol bet he pinch them from a certain wiki page.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The only thing HPT did that I thought ripped me off was make it so the pro model was required. I was running wide bands through the EGR, and the AC inputs to data log them with a standard $500 unit for years. On the 3.0 update they intentionally removed that functionality to make all of us that owned the standard model pay the $320 upgrade to the pro. So in the end I paid $820 dollars for the unit. When 3.0 came out I didn't know how to get it to work with my custom PID's I'd used for years, so I asked the HPT guys at LS Fest. They said that was unintended functionality, so they removed it. They felt like we were getting more than we paid for, and wanted the extra cash if we were going to have wide band data to tune with.

All I all, I do believe even at $650 for the pro, with 8 credits is reasonable. Just keep the extra 6 credits, like money in the bank. There will be a time you use them, unless your like 90, you will buy another vehicle at some point in time and want to tune it.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ScottyBG
The only thing HPT did that I thought ripped me off was make it so the pro model was required. I was running wide bands through the EGR, and the AC inputs to data log them with a standard $500 unit for years. On the 3.0 update they intentionally removed that functionality to make all of us that owned the standard model pay the $320 upgrade to the pro. So in the end I paid $820 dollars for the unit. When 3.0 came out I didn't know how to get it to work with my custom PID's I'd used for years, so I asked the HPT guys at LS Fest. They said that was unintended functionality, so they removed it. They felt like we were getting more than we paid for, and wanted the extra cash if we were going to have wide band data to tune with.

All I all, I do believe even at $650 for the pro, with 8 credits is reasonable. Just keep the extra 6 credits, like money in the bank. There will be a time you use them, unless your like 90, you will buy another vehicle at some point in time and want to tune it.
thanks great information. Thanks for sharing this is exactly what novices like myself need to know when making a decision to purchase.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottyBG

What I see you didn't mention is that we've added serial wideband output support since the 3.0 release meaning you don't need the pro version if you are using a compatible wideband that uses a supported serial output.

I know this is a pretty old thread but if you are still looking for a 2 credit interface I suggest you get in contact with sales at hptuners.com as the forum has alot of misinformation and people with grudges that like to drag companies through the mud.

The MPVI design hasn't changed in 12 years but our cost on parts that comprise the interface has, but we've always thought our price point should stay the same. Additionally we've been able to add support for tons of new vehicles including vipers, mercedes, cummins, etc. and added over a dozen new employees, yet our price hasn't climbed even though we've expanded employees and offices.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by foff667
What I see you didn't mention is that we've added serial wideband output support since the 3.0 release meaning you don't need the pro version if you are using a compatible wideband that uses a supported serial output.

I know this is a pretty old thread but if you are still looking for a 2 credit interface I suggest you get in contact with sales at hptuners.com as the forum has alot of misinformation and people with grudges that like to drag companies through the mud.

The MPVI design hasn't changed in 12 years but our cost on parts that comprise the interface has, but we've always thought our price point should stay the same. Additionally we've been able to add support for tons of new vehicles including vipers, mercedes, cummins, etc. and added over a dozen new employees, yet our price hasn't climbed even though we've expanded employees and offices.
hey well said. So I'm glad I didn't click buy now on ebay straight away that's very helpfully thanks for your input. So wideband can differ from vehicle to vehicle country to country yes if you get lucky you may only need the...ccrikey getting myself mixed up here sorry. I'm just gona contact them and ask to purchase the one that does the data logging and extra credits for ron. Obviously tech support is gonna be a big deal for guy like me to. Thank you.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carport mechanic
hey well said. So I'm glad I didn't click buy now on ebay straight away that's very helpfully thanks for your input. So wideband can differ from vehicle to vehicle country to country yes if you get lucky you may only need the...ccrikey getting myself mixed up here sorry. I'm just gona contact them and ask to purchase the one that does the data logging and extra credits for ron. Obviously tech support is gonna be a big deal for guy like me to. Thank you.
I'm ALSO WATCHING EVERYTHING I can to learn about tuning it's a lot to take in but I am slowly picking it up.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

one other thing is there is a ton of information and tune sharing by users. Spend some time in the forum section of their site. Peer support is awesome

Quick Reply: Is there a way to buy a new HP tuners interface and just 2 credits?