Old 11-01-2016, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap!
Old 11-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Jegs was quick to refund my money.

I'm still waiting on Hooker to respond, Facebook says they read my message but so far have not replied...
Old 11-01-2016, 11:30 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FlorianGee

I'm still waiting on Hooker to respond, Facebook says they read my message but so far have not replied...
​​​​​​​If they had 1 set slip through like that, I'm sure there are plenty more of them
Old 11-01-2016, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 433 Likes on 304 Posts

Well That's good. At least they took care of you on that.

I am sure they will not say anything until they receive the part back and inspect it.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
I am sure they will not say anything until they receive the part back and inspect it.
First, they would have to reply to my report and demand to have the pipe shipped to them. So far they don't say anything. Jegs doesn't want the pipe shipped back to them, I guess its useless to them and shipping that thing international is not cheap.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I find Jegs and Summit are very good with returns.

From what you said, I'm beginning to wonder if Hooker really cares.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Most likely they don't. But I return the favor, as I promise never to ever buy products from them again. Ever.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

The mystery of one bank not running is solved!!!

It took me only about 3 month, countless hours of head scratching, worrying, swapping parts and money to figure out: Hooker fucked up big time!

I mentioned that I installed brand new Hooker 2470 headers and their 16723 y-pipe... well, turns out the "y-pipe" I received is more of an "I-pipe"

Who would have thought of something like this?!

I am a bit worried about something being damaged... piston rings? Valves?

Jeeez, I am SOOOO mad at Hooker for delivering something like this.... Quality control, hello?! There are not enough "mad" smilies to express what I feel. What would you do to Hooker?

But see for yourself:
So I'm trying to figure out exactly what or how this caused you to "leak gas out of your headers"
Old 02-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

Well, the injectors kept firing gas into the headers - since one side of the Y-Pipe was completely shut (as you can see in the pictures) the gas was not ignited and had nowhere to go. So it just accumulated...
Old 02-16-2017, 05:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have the car running well with a different y pipe yet? Hooker is just a name brand, Holley is the company, and they are headquartered just a few miles from me, here in Bowling Green KY. I'd contact them directly and ask them to make it right. The product is engineered here, then manufactured abroad, just like iPhones for example. If you sent them anywhere it would probably be here. However the defect is obvious, they never cut the hole in the right side pipe where the left side pipe should dump into it. I'd get on their web site, call them on the phone and forget FB. That is a serious defect. I could see how it could be done easily enough, but it should be caught be QC and not make it out of the manufacturing facility. I'd ask them to ship me a complete Blackheart exhaust system free, to make it even for all your frustration and costs troubleshooting the problem. The Blackheart is their higher end product.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Well, the injectors kept firing gas into the headers - since one side of the Y-Pipe was completely shut (as you can see in the pictures) the gas was not ignited and had nowhere to go. So it just accumulated...
Man I'm sorry I completely missed that when I read it the other night. Apparently I was asleep. Yeah, having one bank completely blocked off will cause some problems.

Yes Holley owns Hooker. Hooker Headers were made in the USA, in Mississippi I believe. They had a A LOT of quality control issues and **** poor workmanship.

Now the Hooker headers and Flowtech are made over seas and the quality has improved a bunch.

The Blackheart line is made at Holley in Bowling Green.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ScottyBG
Do you have the car running well with a different y pipe yet?
Yes I do, but I had the defect y-pipe fixed by a local welder instead of buying another one.

I did everything you mentioned, contacted Holley via Facebook, telephone and email. Even had someone here on the board try to help me... result: nada, niente, zero. They just don't give a flying ****.

As stated before, I'll try to avoid Holley products from now on everywhere I can.

If I will upgrade the exhaust system again, I'm pretty sure I'd go with Kooks.

Quick Reply: Bank1 keeps getting flooded with fuel – mystery solved! 10/29/16