Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trouble with multiple psi sensors on HPT MPVI

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

Default trouble with multiple psi sensors on HPT MPVI

So I'm trying to log back pressure and I've hit the edge of my knowledge with HP Tuners.

I am using three of the inputs. #1 is my wideband, #2 is my fuel pressure and # 3 is my backpressure.

I am using the pre-set "transforms" and selecting my sensors. This seems to work ok when setting up the channel as I can select the input I want to tranform.

The problem I run into is when I set up a gauge or a graph. I cannot pick which input I am transforming. Or I cannot see where I can make that selection.

So say I add a gauge for backpressure, I select that transform for the aem 0-100 psi sensor. It appears to be summing BOTH the sensors I have in the inputs. Which makes both my fuel psi and my back pressure non functional.

I'm gonna get on my PC laptop and add a log and my scanner layout here in a sec.

Any help would be mucho appreciado. I know I'm overlooking something basic.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

here is a log from a recent run. I'm logging backpressure in volts.

also included is my scanner config.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
10-28.hpl (2.70 MB, 42 views)
File Type: xml
turbo tuner.Layout.xml (14.9 KB, 84 views)
Old 10-30-2016, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

So I figured out a reasonable work-around. I set my drive pressure sensor up in a channel as a user defined input. I used the same PID as used on the AEM sensor which is V/.04+(-12.5)

then here's the sneaky part. I call that sensor something else so i can reference it in gauges and charts. it asks for a parameter, so I chose a pre-set PLX boost/vac sensor.

It automatically input range and dial info into gauges and charts so I changed that to match my sensor and it appears to work fine. Tested it out with shop air to 50psi.

However my MAP sensor decided to quit working

YAY CARS

Quick Reply: trouble with multiple psi sensors on HPT MPVI