PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Bumping spark tables on a stock C6

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016 | 08:12 AM

Default Bumping spark tables on a stock C6

I just purchased a completely stock 2006 C6. Not having a dyno, I typically tune the spark tables at the drag strip looking for the highest trap speed without knock.
Looking at the stock C6 spark tables they seem a very conservative 19* at WOT, whereas I ran 27*-28* in my modified LS2 and LS3.
Not having the time to tune the C6 at the track, does anyone have a tune with better spark tables?
(Is there a smiley for "hopeful".)

The only changes I plan to make this winter are installing a bigger radiator, engine cooler, 180F thermostat and removing the cats. However I am open for suggestions on minor engine changes that would improve HP and allow better spark tables. I'm in Michigan and we do not have emission testing. Also, I only use 92 or 93 Premium gas. The car will be used for road course racing.

I suspect this question applies to many other stock-ish vehicles. Several people have asked me if I could tune their recent-model GM trucks which seem to have even more conservative spark tables. They too are willing to run 92 or 93 octane gas.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Bumping spark tables on a stock C6