Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls7 maf 411 tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls7 maf 411 tuning

I am not a tuner not have I ever tuned etc. I want to upgrade to the ls7 mass air flow with a 411 pcm. 1 want to run a 4 inch intake with out downsizing to normal 3.5 maf. Its a ramjet 502 intake. I don't want to run SD as I live in charleston sc and will hopefully be able to tune with maf. I read you loose velocity with such big tube so maf goes hay wire with ls motors . I see on the hpt forum there is a few tables but I am dumb when it comes to it thanks
Old 12-30-2016, 05:14 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

First, welcome to the Forum. Glad you made your first post.

I have the "Texas Speed 100mm Mass Air Flow Sensor" in a 4" intake and it works perfectly. Yes, you have to go through the MAF tuning process.
I don't know if this kit uses the LS7 MAF, but if you haven't bought it yet, you might consider it; especially because others here are using it too.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:22 PM
Teching In

My intake is rubber elbow off t body going to passanger side spectre 9718 (4 inch x 18inch ) with the ls7 mass air right at the elbow with 14 inches of straight pipe and filter. I read it's a pain to tune but I personally have no experience and want to make sure it is tune able before I order the parts and wont take hours amd hours of tune time. I want it tuned with maf so comouter can still tweak for air temp etc amd don't want to tune it speed density. Just making sure the ls7 mass can properly be tuned with 411 since it has diff parameters or whatever it is that's different
Old 12-30-2016, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthoney456
My intake is rubber elbow off t body going to passanger side spectre 9718 (4 inch x 18inch ) with the ls7 mass air right at the elbow with 14 inches of straight pipe and filter. I read it's a pain to tune but I personally have no experience and want to make sure it is tune able before I order the parts and wont take hours amd hours of tune time. I want it tuned with maf so comouter can still tweak for air temp etc amd don't want to tune it speed density. Just making sure the ls7 mass can properly be tuned with 411 since it has diff parameters or whatever it is that's different
yes it can be done... I have personally done many 411 ECUs with a 4" maf housing (have one for sale currently too)
just have to shift the entire maf curve to the left basically since the larger housing lowers the hz reading
Old 12-30-2016, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by T/A KID
yes it can be done... I have personally done many 411 ECUs with a 4" maf housing (have one for sale currently too)
just have to shift the entire maf curve to the left basically since the larger housing lowers the hz reading
Sweet man thanks that's what I needed to no but with ls7 mass air flow it's stillno biggie