PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen 3 411 ecu/sd tune...constant p0102/3 and p0332 codes???

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Gen 3 411 ecu/sd tune...constant p0102/3 and p0332 codes???

Long story short my Ive been running a turbo lq4 setup which ran great untill i grenaded the bottom end but prior to that..never had any codes. I swapped in another block and swapped from a 228R cam to a ljms stg 2 cam and put everything back together. A bit of info about how the car is setup: 411 ecu running on sd tune.Before I went turbo I already had a ls7 maf in my intake pipe and still currently using it for iat sensor only with an adapter harness from ls1 to ls7 connector.

I recently had my car retuned for the slight change in cam and during the dyno session the codes didnt come up but I mentioned it to my tuner and was suggested to replace both knock sensors and the harness as its a common issue.Proceeded to tune the car and showed no sign of knock and ran clean.After that every 4-6 cycles of running the car the codes would come up.

I ordered replacement harness and knock sensors on fleabay and swapped them in today. My old harness did look to be pinched near both sensors so I assumed that was part of the cause and both knock sensors looked quite old.Now with 2 new sensors and new harness..the same codes pop up within ten mins of driving.With these codes popping up does not seem to affect driveability that I can notice but i dare not to build much boost and find out the hardway if something would go wrong.

Its quite annoying to know the cel comes on and I want to fix the issue and not have it masked by my tune just tune out the codes..how and what else can i look to do to solve the issue.I dont think wiring is the culprit anymore..maybe delco sensors..dirty ls7 maf card or faulty ecu or indeed a tune issue?

Last edited by Redbull87; 01-21-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

the po102-3 codes are for a failed maf. U need those codes for the PCM to convert over to SD tune. usually just uncheck the SES light to keep it off. But reading the codes they will show up.

the po332 code pulls up for #2 knock sensor. I wouldn't worry about it to much. but I would make sure u are not seeing knock in the tune. Usually when a tune sees knock it converts over to the low timing table. and pulls out a lot of timing. the code come up as low voltage. check the wiring to the sensor.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Yea my tuner told me that today for converting to sd..those codes should be unchecked.My issue is that prior to switching blocks on the same tune..the 102/3 codes would never show up as a pending code on my scanner/torque app. So it raises an eyebrow

Im running only 14* timing as it is so I hope its not pulling more timing out of the motor with the 332 code on.Ive checked the wiring today and everything reads good on my multimeter.I have gm knock sensors on the way by next weekend to swap in.If that doesnt fix it..Ill try resistor bypass for a day or 2 and see if anything is still acting up.I just hate the damn light on the dash lol.But during the tune..I showed no sign of knocking so I doubt anything internally is wrong as the car is runs very strong.

Quick Reply: Gen 3 411 ecu/sd tune...constant p0102/3 and p0332 codes???