Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1153 after intake manifold R&R

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1153 after intake manifold R&R

Hey guys. I rarely post because i always find my answers by searching. But this time my situation is a little different. I started off fixing a leaking cam posistion sensor and while i was there i replaced the valley cover gaskets, knock sensors and KS harness along with the intake gaskets of course. I put the car back together and got a KS related code which was resolved by replacing a defective new sensor. But now I have this p1153 B1S2 Ho2 insufficient switching.

Now ive researched this code up and down, and 9 times out of 10 this code has been caused by a long tube install and the other 1 is solved by replacing the sensor. lol

But I have stock manifolds, and just because of the mileage i replaced both pre cat o2s with new densos. And i still have this code. Ive checked for vacuum leaks, leaky injectors, broken pcv, pinched wires, anything that i touched was checked and rechecked. I did not have this code before i removed the intake. Im at my wits end with this thing. Lol

Ive used a scanner to check fuel trims and they are around -10 idling and go to 0- -1.6 when cruising around.

Any suggestions?

Additional info- 99 formula, ls1, 4l60, all stock.

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: P1153 after intake manifold R&R