PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Stalling after P0418 and Disabling AIR

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017 | 04:15 AM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

Default Stalling after P0418 and Disabling AIR

I have a 2002 Z28. I removed the intake manifold to reach the top bolt on the trans (poly motor mounts) to do a TC swap. I broke the nipples off the Secondary Air Injection Solenoid while removing it. I put everything back to together and started the car, it idled fine. I then wanted to test drive the car with the new TC. I put the car in gear and rev'd in reverse, the car will often stall anytime I let off the throttle. In Drive it does want to die but wont stall. I have blocked off the plastic hardlines, I have replaced intake gaskets which were only 10000 miles old, I changed the throttle body gasket, I have a LS6 PCV so no big PCV hose, and I used sealant to seal the MAP. Also I pulled the relay on the Air pump, just in case it was constantly running. I planned on deleting the AIR anyway, this would've been the perfect time to do it. Other than that the car will Drive great.

If you delete AIR does it require tuning?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Stalling after P0418 and Disabling AIR-secondary-air-injection-solenoid-vacuum-line.gif  

Quick Reply: Stalling after P0418 and Disabling AIR