PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with 04 gto no crank no start !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 04 gto no crank no start !!

I recently purchased a 2004 gto with no motor and 60k original miles. Such a beautiful car, I couldn't pass it up for 3500.00. Long story short, I'm building a twin turbo 6.0 setup in my 98 z28. I removed the ls1 from my 98 , and installed it into my gto. After swapping all the different parts over that are gto specific, plugging in all sensors etc, I put the key in the ignition. Instantly the red security light in the bottom corner ,began to blink repeatedly . I attempted to start the car but the motor will not crank, fuel pump will not kick on etc. thinking it was vats related , I bought 2 credits and jumped on hptuners, and disabled vats. Same problem. Extremely pissed off I flipped the key back and didn't the sob snap off in the tumbler "when it rains it pours" . Anyways I have a spare key fob that I assume is the root of all this evil , that's been opened before and I believe the battery has been replaced or solely opened and abandoned "not an easy mod". Is there any other things I should check out? Is there any way to completely remove this ridiculous feature of the car ? This is my wife's car now and she's gonna start racing with me every Sunday, and I need to get this thing done for her , so I can focus on the cage/engine/ fuel system for my fbody . Beautiful car for my beautiful wife 😎 So stoked she's gonna race this thing !!

Quick Reply: Need help with 04 gto no crank no start !!