PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone tell me what fuel to run?? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone tell me what fuel to run?? Help!

I recently purchased a complete dropout l99/6l80E out of a 2013 camaro ss for my 72 nova. I purchased it from a junk yard so I dont know what all has been done to it besides the visual stuff DOD/vvt delete(has LS3 timing cover), fast 102mm intake, 102 TB, PRC255 heads, cold air intake, PI 3200 stall(I pulled the trans and got the numbers and called PI), Oil catch can, and kooks headers (no idea what size cam). That being said I really don't know what I got, so i went to the PCM and checked the tune out to see if I can figure out what mods it could have/ what fuel it was running and tried to compare it to a stock LS3 and there are major differences especially with the ign. Me being fairly new to tuning I was instantly confused and was wondering if anyone has seen a tune similar to the one attached and can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
original vats deleted.hpt (1.34 MB, 57 views)
Old 05-21-2017, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

run 93 octane. Ignition table does not look bad at all.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Ok thanks, I compared it to a few more and realized that it wasn't that bad. Now I have other issues. It will start and and shut off right away.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

should start right up based on what I see on the file.

Mechanical/electrical issue, make sure you have fuel/ fp.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I am having electrical issue. I bought a stand alone harness from a guy on ebay that bought it from Tilden motorsports. It was unused but I have already found wires swapped in the pedal plug and the TP was reading wide open when it was not pressed. Also I noticed The gauges were moving backwards while trying to crank and record on HP tuners. It will start for a few seconds 3 times then wont start anymore unless i unhook the batt reset. My next step is to check all the wiring just trying to find a stand alone diagram. Everything plugged right up but maybe its a different year pinout.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, sounds like an electrical issue. The file you have in there should start the engine right up.

Quick Reply: Can someone tell me what fuel to run?? Help!