PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using an AEM stand alone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:45 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone using an AEM stand alone?

Is anyone using an AEM standalone system?

Looking for feedback regarding pros/cons and comparisons between the AEM vs other aftermarkets and vs an OEM based system regarding limitations, usability, programming & etc.

I'm considering the AEM 30-7108 ECU; AEM 30-3801 harness and a revised AEM 30-2206 VDM with integrated GPS for data acquisition.

My engine build- L92 with LSA supercharger & ZL1 lid in my 93 T/A
Trans setup will be a paddleshift 6L80E with a Powertrain Control Solutions standalone controlling it.

I will be tracking (road racing) the car, so for me data acquisition NEEDS to be part of the system. If the ECU/ECM doesn't support an OBD2 port it needs to have data acquisition/GPS capability onboard like the AEM combo I have listed above. If an OEM type system is used that incorporates an OBD2 port, then I can use an AIM SOLO plugged into the OBD2 port.

thanks!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Ecu882c = ok

Hi Heat Seeker, the ECU882C I manufacture supports the AIM Data Logger through the CAN 2.0B buss.
The AIM SOLO equipment works very well and I use it ONLY.

My recommendation is for you to convert your 90mm Air Door to DBC with my kit.
This is much safer in a race car.
Did you remove the steering lock ?

Your choice my be AEM, for that use Rogue Racing, Nick.

Lance
Old 06-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Lance,

The car isn't together yet- still gathering parts and looking to tie up loose ends before going further.

I'm leaning towards AEM because the place doing my build works with them in their racecars and are very fluent with their systems & programming.

I use an AIM system and Race Studio software with my kart racing and car tracking already (myself & others), so am very familiar with that platform.

So at this point, I have no actual experience with AEM

Can you send me a PM going more into your company info? I'm very intrigued
thanks!
Old 06-27-2017, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The mast m-90 ecm will control a 6l80e and comes with its own tuning software. I'm pretty sure they will supply a base tune also . The mast m-120 comes with dual widebands. Both ecms record data. I'm using one on my 6.0/whipple 2.9
Old 06-29-2017, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 905 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyg
The mast m-90 ecm will control a 6l80e and comes with its own tuning software. I'm pretty sure they will supply a base tune also . The mast m-120 comes with dual widebands. Both ecms record data. I'm using one on my 6.0/whipple 2.9
I've seen there software, it's way over complicated IMHO. There is a reason some of the biggest shops in the country don't use them anymore.

Quick Reply: Anyone using an AEM stand alone?