PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd to have this code with an SD tune any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Odd to have this code with an SD tune any ideas?

Dont be scared to post thoughts. I am welcoming brainstorming of the masses at this point.

My car idles fine AFR two gauges in the car report nice numbers until I am idle for a while or low throttle for a long period of time. Then check engine both AFR gauges show 16.00 then sputter and it sounds like I lose 3 cylinders. Will backfire in any gear if I go over 2700 RPMs. Then in a few moments it all goes away.

The codes it throws are P0102 and P1258. I replaced the engine temp sensor on the head hoping to clear the p1258.

The P0102 usually is MAF related. However my car is speed density. I haven't rescanned since replacing the ECT sensor but it did go to 16.00 when idling in the drive way for about 10 minutes 1 time then recovered since replacing it.

When I get back to the car I will check the front o2s and the engine sensor fuse which I wouldn't think would matter since its speed density.

History.
Everything was moved from my 98 car to a 99 Camaro LS2 engine. Then we added an 0411 computer and wiring harness. Done by a shop here. Also has an LNC2000 installed and no known issues coming from that.
Two other things happen now I get gear lockout often and I have to fight to get into reverse since the swap on a 6 speed. Not sure how that has anything to do with these codes but sometimes it happens. When its not locked out I have zero issues with shifting or speed shifting (only speed shifted once so far to 4th gear and once through 3rd gear)

My Speedometer is not working. I have swapped it with another cluster and still no speedo.

No CATs no rear o2s no MAF no vacuum leaks I sprayed all around the bay with carb cleaner. zero changes in sound.

I know I have listed 5 issues that doesnt seem to be related. Any insight on any or all is welcomed.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,152 Posts

I can't say this is generically true, but it was for mine...

HPT custom OS for SD, right? I still had to fail out the maf and turn off the code. And also, I had to put 15 g/sec in the lowest frequency cell of the maf curve so that the engine would get fuel until the maf did fail out. Thanks to Subeone for teaching me that trick.

Might be worth setting closed loop to really high temps and running open loop to see if some of the issues go away. That would at least help you narrow down if the O2's are eff-wording with you.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Darth,

Yes custom tune. I hate I sold my HPT Pro.... I need it back now. I thought after getting a good dyno tune I would be good to go.

Lesson.... Keep HP tuners!!!

Quick Reply: Odd to have this code with an SD tune any ideas?